Friday, April 26, 2024

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday, friends!  I hope you've had a nice week.  No complaints here!

Did you catch my blog posts this week?

Easy Homemade Pico - the best way to make taco night feel special!

Leo is Four

Happy Campers - a really fun double birthday party for the boys!


Now onto the highlights of the week:

1. Days with Leo.  I'm soaking up our last few weeks of Mommy/Leo time before Summer starts.  Next fall he'll be headed to PreK several days a week so we are enjoying our days together. 


2. Costco.  We went with my parents to Costco and found seveal fun things to try.  We tried a delicious salsa, sourdough bread, popsicles, produce and more.  We did not come home with this giant Squishmallow much to Olive's dismay.

3. We met a friend for lunch at Jason's Deli.  It's our favorite.  Leo loves pasta and ice cream at Jason's Deli.  I love their salad bar.

4. Kites.  We had some really windy days that were perfect for kite flying.

5. Snack plate lunches are perfect for kids and adults.  It's my favorite lunch when the weather gets warm.

6. Every spare second of free time this week was spent assembling our new swing set.  We started last Saturday thinking it surely wouldn't take that long to assemble, but hours and hours and hours and almost a week later my dad and Kevin got it done. I helped a little, but mostly just kept an eye on Leo and kept everyone fed.  The kids are SO excited about their new play set!  I'll come back with more details about it after we've had it for a few weeks :)



7. Meow.  I had to snap a picture of this cat meeting.  They were all chasing the sunniest spots in the house and it landed them in the kitchen.  Topher will be 15 this Summer!!  Penny & Pearl our dilute calico sisters will turn 4 in September.  Olive is sure that 4 cats would be the perfect number for us.

8. Bike training.  Leo has been practicing and learning how to ride his new bike.  He's doing great minus one full speed trashcan encounter.

9. These two love to stroll through the aisles of Sams and sample the samples.  I did enjoy visiting Costco, but we love shopping at Sams.

10. Fletcher is always asking me to snap pictures of him doing cool things.  Example: Fletcher and the moon.

11. We spent the day at Christmas Lake with my parents over Spring break.  It was a little chilly and a little windy, but we had a great day.  We ate a yummy lunch at Frostys (watch out for the spicy cheese curds!! but the rest of the meal was yummy!) and we played outside a ton.  The kids are ready to go back and swim or hike or explore.





12. Fairy garden supplies!  I grabbed a few new fairy garden houses for our fairy garden set up this year.  Dollar Tree has the cutest houses this year.  You can't beat the prices and the assortment is so good this year.  Take this as your sign to build a fairy garden this year!



I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Linking up with Momfessionals


3 comments:

  1. I agree about Sam's vs. Costco. Sam's does a lot to make shopping easy (the app etc), and Costco always feels so crowded. Hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how Fletcher is asking for cool pictures! He has fun ideas :-) My 12yo is getting into photography and just started doing forced perspective ones - such a fun activity and keeps her busy for ages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That snack lunch plate looks so good, I need to remember that for summer!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.