Friday, November 10, 2023

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday, friends!  I hope you've had a nice week.  The time change has us dragging over here, but we've enjoyed some nice weather this week.  We survived family pictures and solo parenting last weekend and are excited to go to a Friendsgiving dinner this weekend.

Did you catch my blog posts this week?

Breakfast Bundt Sandwiches - such a yummy breakfast recipe!

Extra Halloween Candy Cookies - my middle guy says these are my best cookies ever.

Unpopular Opinions - My most popular post of the Fall!  The comments are just as interesting as the post!


Now onto my favorites:

1. Leo & Mom Days

I'm trying hard to really enjoy the days of me being 100% in charge of Leo's schedule.  We do a mix of running errands, toddler activities and lunching with our favorite people.  Jason's Deli or Chick-Fil-A are his favorite spots.  Also, his new fleece from Walmart is my favorite.  It's under $10 and looks very Patagonia-esque.


2. Amazon Favorites
I've got two of the cutest Amazon finds to show you today!  I'm loving both!

I ordered a pack of 100 of these mini rubber ducks to use with my Elf on the Shelf plans for December.  They are such great quality and my kids are going to love hunting for 100 little duckies in our house.  I'm going to hide them in their pockets, their bedrooms, their lunch box and more.  It would also be fun to use them with your elves to announce a Christmas bubble bath.  They're on sale and really cute.
 



My 5th grader loves her Stanley so much but didn't love carrying around an open straw.  We looked around on Amazon and found these darling animal straw toppers.  The price is awesome and the quality is even better.  She has this first set and the rest are on her wish list.  She's been using them for a few weeks and they are in perfect condition.  Preteen and mom approved.
    



3. Three is Messy
Leo has had a messy week.  So many baths.  So much laundry.  But look at that cute face.  Three is a messy age.





4. Time Change Snuggles
We have not enjoyed the time change this week, but I have loved finding Leo snuggled up with his siblings.

5. Go Aces!
We kicked off the UE Purple Aces basketball season this week.  The whole family went and sat by my dad.  The kids loved the snacks and the basketball.  We sit by my Dad and Kevin's parents are not too far away.  The kids ate popcorn with my dad and then Kevin's mom got them Dippin Dots.  Perfect evening if you ask them.




6. Clinic Progress
Kevin's newly renovated psychology clinic on campus is coming together nicely!  We came to check out the furniture and see how all of the finishes are looking.  He got to pick out most of it so it's neat to see his vision for the clinic come together.

7. Birthday Party
We went to a family party and Leo asked Grandpa if he could help him blow out his candles.  He loves blowing out the candles, but doesn't love the extra attention.  The weather was so nice!


8. Thanksgiving tour
My house is decorated for Thanksgiving.  I love my cute turkey collection so much!  Olive made me this Happy Thanksgiving banner last year and I'm so glad that I saved it.  It's my favorite.



9. Cousins at the park
We met our cousins at the park and the kids had so much fun!


10. Kevin Goes Camping

Kevin went on his first hiking/backpacking/camping adventure with some friends from work.  He had a good time and learned a lot about camping.  His group hiked fast and he was proud of his camping gear - that chair and the coffee set up were key to enjoying his time in the woods.  The kids are eager to do some backyard camping with him next.



Have a great weekend!  I'll see you back here on Monday.

Linking up with Tanya for Prime Purchases and Momfessionals for Friday Favorites


3 comments:

  1. So much fun stuff! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rubber ducks are going to be so fun. I can't wait to see what your elf is up to this year. Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. from Tanya - the other side of the road

      Delete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.