Friday, August 11, 2023

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!  It was a great back to school week at our house.  The kids only had school 3 days and that felt perfect.  We had fun and got stuff done.  The best combo :)

Did you catch my blog posts this week?

Vegetable Garden Wins & Losses

Back to School 2023

Ham & Cheese Egg Cups - such an easy, yummy recipe!

 

My favorite moments of the week:

1 // Garden Surprises

We've been working really hard on our yard planting trees, flowers and growing grass for the last 20 months.  This week we were surprised to find some of the coolest things.  Look at this giant mushroom we woke up to.  The kids measured it at 7 inches tall and 7 inches wide!  It was stunning.  Then our Lantana plants attracted tons of butterflies and hummingbirds.  It was such a joy to watch all these things visit our gardens.



2 // Date Night

I booked a sweet babysitter and surprised Kevin with a date night.  We worked on some things in his office - it's crunch time prepping for the first semester of his program starting this Fall and then grabbed dinner at a local favorite spot.  It was yummy!  We tried and did not like fried green tomatoes.  The rest of our dinner was delicious.

3 // Cowboy Bed

Leo somehow decided that his big boy bed was called a cowboy bed and it's hilarious.  It's a dinosaur themed bed, but he lovingly calls it his cowboy bed.  He's making good progress at staying in his bed and sleeping through the night again.  He really does love sharing a room with his big brother.

4 // Boys

You might have a 7 year old boy if your watermelon ends up with eyes and a face!!  He thought it was hilarious and was sad to see it get sliced up.

5 // Bubble House

Fletcher got invited to one of his school friend's birthday party and they had a bubble house.  It was so much fun!  I had never seen one before.  The kids had a blast taking turns playing in the bubbles.  The party was just darling and this was probably the best Funfetti cake I have ever eaten.



6 // Cousins

Our cousin Allie turned 13 and we had a great time celebrating with her!!  The kid have loved some extra cousin time to finish out the Summer.

7 // Arcade

Some friends invited us to play at a new arcade.  The kids loved it.  Kevin's usually the fun arcade parent, but I did my best to the the fun one this time.

8 // Braids

Olive asked for braids this week and it made my dreams come true.  She has never loved having her hair done minus some curling here and there, but braids might be the exception.  She loves her wavy hair the next day after we braid her hair wet.  I hope this cute hairstyle sticks with her.  I was pretty proud of my rookie braiding skills.


9 // Playscapes

We have a really fun new indoor play spot that's free in our area.  All three kids love playing there.  It's a favorite hang out spot for me to go and get some things done while they play.

 10 // Lockers

Olive gets a locker this year and she's so excited to decorate it!  We DIY'd some cute Stitch things for her locker and she's thrilled with how they turned out.  We are on the hunt for a few more cute things to decorate her space.

11 // Yumboxes

This is our sixth year of using and loving Yumboxes for the kids lunches.  We ordered a couple of new ones after our 6 year old ones were looking rough.  These pretzel chips and gummy worms were a big hit this week.  I love packing yummy lunches (or HUGS FROM HOME) for the kids.

12 // Uncle Tyler

My brother surprised Fletcher was a cool camo knife this week.  Fletcher mentioned to him that he'd love to have one and my brother made one appear.  Fletcher was THRILLED.  Next request for Uncle Ty - Fletcher wants to go fishing.

13 // Back to School

I'm so excited that these 3 had a great week with their new back to school routines!

14 // Chasing Rainbows

It makes me whole day when I get to spot a rainbow.  Our backyard seems to be the perfect spot to find them.


I hope you have a wonderful weekend!  See you back here on Monday :)

Linking up with Momfessionals

4 comments:

  1. Love the watermelon! He's so creative! And Olive's braids are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! It is a good when the kids go back to school mid-week. It feels like a nice easy start to the year.
    That mushroom is fantastic! Your garden looks beautiful and how cute is the cowboy bed.
    How cool is that bubble house! I haven't seen anything like that before and well done with the braids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen a bubble house before either but that looks like so much fun! The braids turned out great. I love your garden photos.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.