Friday, August 18, 2023

Friday Faves

Hey friends!  I hope you've had a nice week.  Mine was good and stressful!  The kids are off to a good start, we got to meet up with several friends to hang out and car drama is stressful.  Thankfully we had lots of highlights along the way :)

Did you catch my blog posts this week? Lots of yummy food inspiration!

3 Delicious Ways to Eat Okra

5 Money Saving Meal Planning Tips

DIY Dirt Pudding


Favorite moments of the week:

1 // ootds

I've gotten into a better routine of sharing outfits on instagram!  It helps that Olive is mostly happy to snap an outfit picture or two for me.  Black and white always and forever :)  Check out my account - @polkadottyplace and look through my highlight Outfit Inspo. 

Earrings & bag - Kate Spade

Bracelets - Amazon

Dress - Matilda Jane (I miss them!)

Shoes - Macys

2 // Scotcharoos

The kids helped me recipe test last weekend and we came up with a new family favorite: Scotcharoos!  They'll be coming to my Fall Jordan Bakery Box menu soon.

3 // Fishing

Fletcher bought himself a fishing pole and is determined to be a fisherman.  Kevin and Amazon are helping all his dreams come true.


4 // Birthday Kitties

Penny & Pearl turned 3 this week!  They have been the sweetest additions to our family and will always be a big highlight of 2020 for our family.  We had newborn Leo and newborn kittens - that was fun!

5 // Mom Life

It's always a balance of highs and lows - right??  High we did our monthly stock up at Aldi and Leo was a great helper. (high)

Then we loaded up the car and the battery was dead (low).  Thankfully it was a cool 70 degree day and Kevin came to our rescue quickly.  Leo thought the whole thing was awesome and didn't quite understand my panic of cold groceries needing to stay cold.

Kevin saves the day!!  Not all heroes wear capes.  Some wear Vineyard Vines :)

6 // Playing with Buddies

We thought we'd fixed the car battery issue, but then I went to go and pick up the kids from school and the battery was dead again a couple of days later.  I had to problem solve fast and borrowed a neighbors car to get the kids.  Leo stayed and played and he was thrilled.  I shed a few tears over that stressful scramble to figure out a way to pick up the kids.

7 // Back to School

We have several back to school events for Kevin's job and the kids were great.  We enjoyed food from our favorite pizza spot and I made their evening with a handful of quarters for the prize machines.  Rings for everyone!  Dinner was actually pretty enjoyable for all of us which feels like a new parenting milestone.

8 // Help me Honda

After getting stranded twice, we took the van into Honda for a closer inspection.  I hoped it would be quick and then two hours!! later they said everything came back perfect.  They gave me a few tips and fully charged my battery since it showed up a little low.  A sweet man made fresh popcorn for Leo and made his day.  He kept saying Thank you berry much popcorn man.  Leo was a trooper and I would be thrilled to not think about my van again for weeks.

9 // Crafting Kids

These two would be happiest if we had a new craft to do every day.  I have the hot glue gun burns to prove it.  We worked with stickers, pom poms, printed pictures, made a new club and they are always eager to create.

10 // Crepe Myrtle

Our pretty pink crepe myrtle is in full bloom!  It's so pretty and reminds me of our days in Mississippi.  We had hot pink ones in our yard there and it seemed like every road was lined with them.

11 // Leo Time

This guy has really enjoyed getting back to his mom filled routine.  We're meeting up with friends, playing, running errands and hanging out.  He has no complaints as long as the snacks are flowing.


12 // Personalized Sheet Pan Nachos

Does your family enjoy nachos?  We love them, but we each like different toppings on them.  I made a base of chips and meat and then asked everyone for their customized order.  This dinner was a big hit and would be delicious for game days this fall.


Here's to hoping next week involves less car drama and more party prep for several events that we are hosting!!  Have a wonderful weekend :)

Linking up with Momfessionals

4 comments:

  1. Do you have a sheet pan brand recommendation? I bought one at TJMaxx but I don't love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post brings back memories of when I went to a mom's group meeting (new to me) when Grace was a tiny baby. I left because she was so fussy, and the car wouldn't start when I tried it. I called Michael in tears. New baby + stressful situation = a mom in tears and dad coming to the rescue. :) Car batteries are not built to last anymore. We have replaced them in two cars recently, and the guy at the shop said they are designed to last about 3 years now. Hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.