Friday, June 2, 2023

Friday Favorites

Happy 1st Friday of Summer!  We've had a busy week here with the holiday, Olive turning 10, parties, camps and fun.  

My favorite moments of the week were:

1 // This Time and Tru Midi T-shirt dress from Walmart

It comes in black and white and pink and orange.  I got both and love wearing them both with a belt.  They can be casual or a little dressy and the price is great.  I wore it out on our date with Olive and it's perfect.

2 // Playscapes

A brand new indoor play place opened near our house recently and we went to check it out.  We were on the only ones there and it's FREE!  The kids had the best time.  It's rare to find free indoor fun options for Summer and we'll definitely be back to The Hills church to play.


3 // Basketball Camp

Olive had basketball camp this week and it was fun!  One of her school friends invited her to go.  It was hard work with the high school girls and it was exciting to watch her improve.  She said it was fun, but she was there for the friends.



4 // Jordan Bakery Box

New cookie alert: Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies!  They've got two different chocolate chips and cocoa in them.  They taste like a brownie, but better.

Leo loves being my taste tester.  I had a big birthday order this week.  He's always happy to eat the cookies that don't make the cut.

5 // Summer meals are more fun!

Give us all the berries and fresh produce!  I'm also drowning in dishes and kitchen clean up because these cute kids seem to snack and eat all day long now that they're home all day.  It's hard to keep the place clean.


6 // Topher

Olive got a new bean bag chair and all the cats love it.  So do all the kids.  It's a hot spot!

7 // New treadmill!

Did I tell you I got a new treadmill for Mother's Day?!?  Hooray!  I've missed having one so it feels great to be back in a walking routine at nap time every day.  It's small, but really sturdy.  It folds down and Kevin and I have both really enjoyed walking on it so far. 

8 // Flower Explosion

My pots are filling in so nicely!!  Look at all these pretty colors.  I think this is my favorite backyard cluster of pots.

And this are my favorite front yard flowers.  I've been watering them every night and they seem to love my full sun set up.

We have 4 robin eggs filling our nest again!  This robin is being a great mom to them.  We're hoping to watch another set of babies grow.

9 // Mulberries

Fletcher found a mulberry tree by our house and we picked a big bowl of berries.  They're messy and so sweet.  We made mulberry lemonade, added mulberries to our smoothies and I am hoping to make some mulberry muffins.  Do you have any tips for things I should make with these mulberries?

10 // Cat in the Cradle

Olive got a string and Cats in the Cradle book for her birthday.  She's loved learning all kinds of tricks like this tea cup and saucer.  We've had fun playing many rounds of cats in the cradle.  This set was something I grabbed last minute for her birthday and it was one of her favorite gifts. 


11 // Olive turned 10

Olive had a really great birthday!  This bean bag chair is giant and she loves it!  It has great reviews on Amazon and it could fit all three kids to watch a movie.  We are moving it up to her room soon for a cozy reading spot.  It comes in tons of colors and is a fun teen gift! 



12 // Mini Golf

Kevin took the big kids mini golfing and they had lots of fun!  He said they each got a hole in one.


13 // Fireworks

Kevin surprised Olive with "a few" fireworks for her birthday since it fell on Memorial Day this year.  She loved the extra festivities and Leo decided that fireworks weren't so bad after all.

14 // Critters

The boys like to help me water flowers and Fletcher found a new friend.  This giant creature hopped out of one of my flowers pots when he went to water them.  He thought it was awesome.


15 // Books

We're currently reading The Penderwicks together and we made a trip to the library to stock up on books for Summer.


 

I hope the month of June brings lots of happiness and Summer fun your way!

Linking up with Momfessionals


2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a perfect summer week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all have been busy the first week of summer. Your library looks so nice, and that critter is really strange looking. Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.