Monday, June 8, 2020

Decorate Your Own Donut

I've seen fancy donut shops offering decorating donut kits lately.  None of the donut shops in our area sell them so I figured I could make my own.  It was SO easy and fun.

You just need 4 things:

a glazed donut (Square donuts are our favorite)
a butter knife
*icing
toppings (sprinkles, chocolate chips, sugary cereal, Oreos, etc)

*I had both chocolate and vanilla homemade butter cream in the fridge so we used both.  Here's my recipes for Homemade Butter Cream.  It works for everything from sugar cookies, to cupcakes to cinnamon rolls.  Here's my recipe for Chocolate Butter Cream.  You could definitely use store bought icing or glaze, but the homemade icing was extra yummy!

I plated the donuts like this and we decorated them.
They were so good that I forgot to take after pictures of the decorated donuts!
It was super fun and it came together quickly.


Wal-Mart carries this glitter silverware.  It's so fun to use for birthdays or fun treats.


Wouldn't this be a fun treat for a birthday party, sleepover or class party for your kids??

1 comment:

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.