Monday, March 2, 2020

What I'm Wearing - Kimonos, Leopard & Stripes

Welcome to March!  January seemed to go by slowly, February flew by and I have a feeling March will do the same.  All the stores are stocked with Easter and starting to open their garden centers.  Spring is definitely on the way!  Although we often get some March snow in Indiana.  My snow loving family would not hate that.

I'm sharing some of my favorite outfits with you today.  They're all on repeat regularly and they work for pregnant ladies and nonpregnant ladies.  They are all my favorite wardrobe pieces that work for any age or stage of life.  I promise!  They are all flattering looks for any shape or size.

The other day a new mom friend asked me where I worked.  I get this question regularly because I almost always get dressed and look put together when I'm out and about.  Sure, I wear athleisure to the park and playgroups, but most days, I put together a real outfit.  It really helps me to be productive and be ready to tackle the day.  If you're a stay at home mom, I'd highly encourage you to figure out outfits that you feel good in and help you to be your best self. 

There's no need to ignore your style and self care while you're home caring for your little ones.

Outfit #1 // Hosting My Mom's Group Meeting

I love kimonos.  I wear them year round, but really love wearing them in the Spring and Summer.  They're the perfect lightweight layer.  My favorite places to find them are TJ Maxx.  They're always under $20 and the variety is great.  Not all kimonos are alike.  If you see a color or pattern that you love, try it on and see if the cut, the length and the way it hangs is flattering on you.  Many times they look much better on than on the hanger.

Recipe for a great kimono outfit - solid top, dark skinny jeans, booties, statement earrings and kimono.


Outfit #2 // Church

I love this combo so much that I wear it everywhere!

Black skinnies, chambray top, patterned scarf and booties.  It's hard to manage big earrings with a big scarf because they won't lay right.  Stick to studs or smaller earrings if you're going with a bulky scarf.



Outfit #3 // Fun with Friends

This leopard sweater has been a favorite maternity item for me this time!  While it is officially from Motherhood Maternity, you will definitely seem me wearing it again next winter.  It works with a bump and without.

Leopard sweater, black skinnies, leopard booties and leather earrings.



Outfit #4 // Playing with Kids

I've worn this outfit to several different playdates with friends.  It's comfy and cute and works for chasing little kids.

Striped top, black skinny jeans, utility vest, statement earrings or studs and cute tennis shoes.



I've also loved wearing stripes - it's a fun way to match my kids.  Especially easy when you're a boy mom!  Fletcher likes when we wear the same colors or patterns.

I also love a good scarf when it's cold out.  It's been chilly so this blanket scarf has been a fun addition to my wardrobe this year.  And date night always makes me smile!

What are your wardrobe essentials this time of year??

3 comments:

  1. You are just the cutest and that baby bump is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the BEST style! I love how you always look out together but not in an overly “done” way. You pick fun patterns, pops of bright colors and classic pieces- the overall looks are always so good!
    Happy Monday friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are positively glowing! I love all your outfits, and you are so right about putting together an outfit to make yourself feel positive and productive. I need to do it more often! Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.