Tuesday, March 3, 2020

6 Simple DInners

I have another round up of yummy meals for you today! 

These were all favorites last month.  I cook dinner at least 5 nights a week.  So just know that I made plenty of so so meals, frozen pizza and we ate leftovers.  If I made a dinner that wasn't a bit hit, then I won't share it with you.  These are my recipe highlights from last month.  They were all quick to prepare, colorful and yummy.

Teriyaki Chicken Veggie Lo Mein

This is the meal that I'm most excited to share with you this month!  I found this new chicken at Sams and I'm obsessed.  It's such good chicken!  The quality is amazing, the flavor is mild and perfect for combining with any sauce or seasoning and it's kid AND adult approved.  We all loved it.  It's $9.96 for size good sized chicken breasts.  I realize that's not cheap, but they're fully cooked and ready to eat.  It's much cheaper than going out to eat and is the perfect easy protein to add to your meals.  I'll definitely be stocking up on this chicken.

I cooked our favorite Veggie Chow Mein noodles from Sams, sauteed some additional veggies, chicken, teriyaki and soy sauce and fruit.  We all loved this meal.



Grilled Ham & Pineapple

I've been leaning towards a combination of convenience foods + homemade foods to make our dinners lately.  I make homemade bread every Monday.  This meal included my sour dough bread, premade mashed potatoes, grilled pineapple and grilled ham slices.  I love to buy the $10 sections of precooked/presliced ham at the store.  It's so good!  And it's plenty for at least 2 meals for us.  I put the ham on my grill pan with a little brown sugar and pineapple juice.  It's so good.


Taco Naan Pizzas

I love these mini naan flatbreads from Aldi.  They're very cheap (and you can often find them for $1 or $2 off).  They freeze really well and they make the perfect pizza crust.

I added all our favorite taco toppings (meat, cheese, sauteed onions and peppers) and then everyone enjoyed their own combo of sour cream, salsa and lettuce.  The kids just like meat and cheese and the adults like all the toppings.


Rotisserie Chicken & Roasted Veggies

We are on a major roasted veggie kick!  I just love that I can chop up any veggies, roast them at 400 for 20-30 minutes and they come out perfect every time.  We love to do this with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, potatoes, onions and peppers.

I served rotisserie chicken, loads of roasted veggies and fruit.  Everyone dipped in their favorite sauces and enjoyed the meal.


Pulled Pork, Roasted Veggies & Mac & Cheese

I purchased the Sams brand pulled pork, roasted veggies, made boxed mac and cheese, fruit and those premade Sister Schubert rolls.  My homemade portion of this meal were the pickled onions.  I just sliced red onions really thin, added apple cider vinegar, salt and sugar.  I keep them in a jar in the fridge and they're delicious on burgers, tacos, pulled pork and chicken.


Roast, mashed potatoes, roasted veggies and cornbread casserole.

I made cornbread casserole, roasted broccoli and green beans, served the premade mashed potatoes (Bob Evans original are my favorite), served Hormel Roast Au Jus on top and added some fruit.  It was a delicious meal!


What are you cooking for dinner this week?  We're doing more pulled pork, pasta, chicken and roasted veggies for sure.


5 comments:

  1. I love making semi-homemade meals. They're so easy, and always a crowd pleaser. Thanks for the tip on the chicken. Is it in the refrig or freezer section? We also love the Sam's pulled pork. I have some in the freezer right now, waiting for a night when I don't know what to make for dinner. Thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual… You have such great ideas! I am going to be referring to this post when I need to meal plan for next week! I love the idea of making little taco pizzas… Such a fun change up from our usual taco dinner.

    I am loving learning about the different types of proteins that Sam’s has from you! We are members there but I don’t shop there often because it is not super close to my house… Going to bring this post with me the next time I am there and look for that chicken and a pulled pork!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your meals that you share!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you have fresh fruit with all these meals!

    Please share your sourdough bread recipe! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great ideas! I want to try some of these.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.