Monday, February 25, 2019

Decorating with Deals from TJ Maxx

It's no secret that I love TJ Maxx.  I've shopped there for years.  I look forward to buying so many things from there - shoes, hand bags, gifts, clothes, home decor, storage, lamps and more.  It's like a treasure hunt every time you go in the store.  There is something for everyone here.  Just make sure to visit your store regularly, always be on the lookout for a variety of things and dig for a deal.

You just never know what you will find so you've got to keep an open mind.

Oftentimes I go in with a list of things to look for and then leave with nothing.  Or I'll leave the store with a variety of things I wasn't looking for on that trip.  Each store is a little bit different and it is fun to see the variety.

Fletcher and I stopped in TJ on Friday and it was one of those trips for the books!  We found a little bit of everything - Easter basket fillers, home decor, gifts and potty training prizes - all for under $100.

I really love TJ Maxx because you can get the best deals there.  Fletcher loves it, too.  We always start with stuff I'm interested in and finish our shopping trip with a stroll through the toy section.


I've had my eye on a three tiered stand at Hobby Lobby for weeks.  It's reg price of $99.99 but I know I could get it for 40% off.  I loved it, but did not want to spend that kind of money on a stand.  So I've kept looking for a knock off.  I found a darling 2 tiered stand that better fits my needs for just $14.99 at TJ Maxx!  I was thrilled.  It pays to shop around and wait for something you just have to have.  Hobby Lobby is an affordable store, but don't be afraid to keep shopping around for an even better deal.

Let me show you my latest deals (minus a couple gifts to keep them a secret!)

$14.99 Easter Egg Truck - it's even cuter in person if that's possible.  I try to pick up a little holiday decor for the kid's bedrooms and I thought this would be perfect for Fletcher.  He loved it and it seemed like a good boy decoration.  The eggs are each decorated with lots of details and each one is different.  I thought this was a great deal for a unique item.


$3.99 Playdoh Chicks
My kids LOVE Playdoh.  These will be going in their Easter baskets.  It came with a chick, scissors and two packs of playdoh.  They'll have a blast giving the chicks hair cuts.

$3.99 Rainbow Salt & Pepper Shakers
My grandma used to collect S&P shakers so I always think of her when I see cute sets.  I thought Olive would love seeing these out for St Patrick's Day in March.  They're really sweet.

$3.99 Vehicle Sets
Fletcher spotted these and they're the perfect potty training prizes.  He also grabbed my camera in between my shots to snap his own picture.  I think he's the cutest little blogger in training.  And I love that his little feet are in the shot :)


$12.99 Stuffed Bunny
Olive will love this bunny!!  She's so sweet and the details are so charming.  Her ears have wires in them which makes them perfect for posing.  Her outfit and accessories are darling.  What a steal!  I love finding holiday decor for the kid's rooms that isn't fragile.  She can play with this bunny all she wants and she'll be just fine.



$12.99 Galvanized Cake Stand
I'll be the first to admit that Farmhouse Style is not really my style.  Yes, there are elements like ship lap, bright whites and galvanized metal that I enjoy.  But you won't find me hanging a farmhouse sign on my walls, distressing all my furniture or adding many farm-ish things to my home. 

I did find this galvanized cake stand and it was love at first sight.  It's large, has gold polka-dots around the edge and it has the prettiest turned base.  Sold!!  It's been on my island all weekend holding cars and cookies.


$14.99 Galvanized 2 Tiered Tray
Remember that 3 tiered stand story from earlier in the post??  Here's my $14.99 solution!  I love the handle, the plate sizes and the price could not be beat.  Watch for this to get accessorized in my kitchen as well as be the perfect addition to any party I host.


What's your favorite item from my TJ Maxx haul today??

If I was forced to pick, I would have to say the galvanized metal purchases.


PS TJ Maxx also has some really great clothes!  You've got to dig through the racks and you've got to try stuff on, but there are great prices hiding in those racks.  I was sad to see rows and rows of crop tops.  Not a great look for me, but after digging, I found 6 tops that caught my eye.  They were all cute.  However, only 3 of them were cute on me.  I came home with #1, #4 and #5.


Do you have a good TJ Maxx near you??

9 comments:

  1. I am heading there today with my mom and sister! I have a small list of random things I'm looking for so I'm hoping to knock some of those things off today! TJ Maxx is also a great place to buy luggage! We are taking a family trip next week so we needed to buy my teenage daughter new luggage for Christmas - we found an awesome RED bag on clearance - it was the perfect luggage at the perfect price!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great TJ Maxx finds as usual! I agree that the tiered trays are pricey even at Hobby Lobby. I asked for my Amazon version for Christmas because I just didn't want to spend that much on an "everyday" purchase. I love the metal cake stand! I might swing by today to see what I find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Maxx! That cake stand is gorgeous! I currently have something similar next to my sink to hold my soap/sponges/sink stoppers, but the metal keeps rusting. I am in search for a glass plate to glue to my candle stick. I have found nice name brand shoes, décor, and I often buy my nephews Under Armor shirts there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those were some great finds. I think my nephew would love those little easter play doh sets - I am going to have to figure out where my local TJ Maxx is and go look for them! And that tiered tray is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that store but it is definitely hit or miss for me! The last few times have been misses but other times I leave with the whole store! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. TJ Maxx is my weakness! It's my go to place before I look for anything else!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great items! I’m loving that salt & pepper set!! I confess that I don’t shop there nearly as much as I did when my kids fit into the shopping carts 😂 That being said, if I ever have a free afternoon I love to browse! I think it’s the perfect place to find gifts! And I agree that it’s like a treasure hunt every time :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE TJ Maxx!! I don't get there nearly as often as I would like to- because I do not like brining the kids with me. They see the toy aisle and it goes downhill from there. HA! I LOVE those little Easter play doh kits!! And that galvanized cake stand and tiered tray are SO perfect. I would love to have both of them! Now I need to plan on a time I can swing by my TJ Maxx!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's one of my favorite stores to browse! There's always something fun!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.