Wednesday, August 29, 2018

You'll Never Believe What I Bought for My Hair

Hey friends!  I'm here to confess something to you today...

I just bought myself some SCRUNCHIES!!

I NEVER thought I'd say that in my adult years.

I used to be the girl that had a scrunchie to match every outfit.  I'd wear them in my high pony tail or on my wrist.  I LOVED them, but really never thought they'd come back. 

I was wrong.  There are some really cute scrunchies out there right now.  Let me show you.


These are my current hair favorites: Scrunchies from Old Navy and Dollar Tree, Goody elastics (use one time and throw away) and the Spiral Ponytailers.  They are AMAZING for a lovely, loose pony tail.  They won't crease your hair and they return to their original size when you take them out.  I found mine at Dollar Tree.  I'd highly recommend them.

I've also started sleeping with my hair up on the top of my head a couple times a week.  The spiral ponytailers are perfect to keep your hair up without leaving creases (and my hair normally creases VERY easily).


Olive's current favorite hair accessory are these metal hair clips.  I've found that the Goody brand stays in the best for her hair.  We have found cute ones at Target, Meijer, Walmart and Dollar Tree.  If your girls have straight hair, it helps to spray a little hair spray on the barrette to hold it in place all day.


Fletcher's go to hair product is this Pliable Putty from Great Clips.  It's $12 a jar and lasts a long time.  Unless your little boy figures out how to unscrew the lid and empties the entire container on his head at one time.  I now lock up the pliable putty :)

What hair accessories are you using these days??

It's time to link up with my favorite Welcome Wednesday ladies.
Join us with a current post or two.



9 comments:

  1. oh I use to love a scrunchie on my arm and in my hair! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a little happy dance when I discovered scrunchies were making a comeback. The only problem I have now is, with three daughters they keep disappearing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the spiral ponytail holders! They are perfect for my curly hair, don't break, and if they stretch out, you can put them in hot water to shrink back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes! I wish I still had my scrunchies from back in the day - I had a denim one with smiley faces (purchased at Claires, of course) that would totally be in style again! :) My hair isn't long enough for scrunchies any more, but I think they look so cute on others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard those spiral ones don't leave a crease, but don't think I have 'known' anyone who has actually tried them. I may be picking up at my next dollar tree stop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The spiral ones really don’t crease your hair? I need to try these! Thanks for sharing!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heard scrunchies kink your hair the least and my hair so easily kinks since it's so straight. I should grab some to keep on hand now that my hair is growing out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hair looks really cute when it has that crinkle curl to it! I own only one scrunchie and I've had it forever but use it every night when I'm doing my face routine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fun. I have one spiral hair tie and I need to get more because I always lose hair ties!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.