Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Aldi: Favorites & Fun Finds

I went on a quick trip to Aldi yesterday and was excited about my finds!

I cannot get over the prices at Aldi!!  Almost everything is cheaper than my regular store so I told myself I need to be shopping there more.  We also have a brand new Aldi opening by my house in September.  Hooray!

My usual Aldi shopping plan is: Stock up on favorites and look for some fun finds.  The fun finds usually involve trying new products, new flavors and looking for NEW items.

Let's start with the FUN finds.

My kids always play with these type of scoot board toys when we go places.  I found these for just $7.99!!  They had at least four different designs.  I originally picked out two rainbow ones, but Fletcher insisted on swapping out his for the one with flames on it.  haha  Wouldn't these be fun to give as birthday gifts or to save for your kids??  My kids are going to love them!

I'm excited to try these products:
Raspberry jam $1.99
Honey mustard $0.89
Mini Oreos for lunch boxes $1.95
Zucchini $1.89
Creamy Peanut Butter $1.15
Maple & Brown Sugar Oatmeal $1.49

FAVORITES: These are products that I pick up almost every trip to Aldi.
Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips $0.89
sugar under $1.50
salsa $1.19
canned beans $0.55
olives $1.15
cheese under $2
crackers
ziploc bags $1.89
knock off girl scout cookies $0.95
diapers $10.99.box and we love them!

These sea salt caramels are my favorite!  Not only are they delicious, they are so much fun to give away for a little sweet treat.  I picked up two to give to Olive's bus driver and teacher in the coming weeks.  I will add a handwritten note and it'll be a fun surprise for them.  They're just $2.99

 Tostadas for $1.49 are a fun dinner option for taco night.

We also tried the Beer Brats for $2.49.  We thought they were pretty good.  Not quite as delicious as the brats from Kroger, but great for the price or great if you're cooking for a large crowd.

An easy Aldi inspired dinner:
Quinoa & Kale mix with feta cheese - quinoa mix is in the frozen section
Chicken Sausage, peppers and onions



Have you found anything great at Aldi lately??

8 comments:

  1. Those scooters are too cute! We are getting an Aldi this spring and I am so excited. I would go more often but Walmart grocery pickup is more convenient!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Raspberry fruit spread - there's a jar in my fridge right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Their peanut butter is delicious (we eat tons of peanut butter) and the price is fantastic. You'll have to tell us what you think of the Honey Mustard...haven't tried it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds! We have an Aldi's right down the street, but I always end up going to Trader Joe's. I need to give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of your finds Whitney!!!
    I am always giving those salted carmels as little gifts to people!!
    Those scooters are a steal- I will be on the lookout for them at my store!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those salted carmela are devine! However, I am not sure I could hold onto them long enough to give away..lol I love their baby heads of lettuce that comes with 4 small different lettuce heads. They make a beautiful mixture of fresh lettuce and make a huge bowl that is perfect for potlucks. Only $1.99!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those sea salt caramels look yummy. Those scooter boards would be fun for kids. I like to shop Aldi time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every time I read this you make me want to go to Aldi!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.