Friday, August 7, 2015

Highlights

I'm wrapping up a productive week at my house.  We've gotten IN driver's licenses, plates, passed written tests, gotten new insurance, run tons of errands and enjoyed the week at home.  I was nervous about having to take the written test again with a toddler in tow.  It was 50 questions and I almost jumped for joy when I the CONGRATULATIONS screen popped up at the end.  I skimmed the book to study so I was hoping I'd refreshed enough to pass.  Everything is starting to feel official now that we have Indiana plates on the way.

The best parts of my week have been...

1. I've been wearing my floral tennis shoes all the time.  They are so comfy, cute and practical.  I can keep up with my busy toddler and look stylish at the same time.  Hooray!

2. Kevin and I got to go on a date to attend the new faculty meet and greet at ISU.  We met lots of nice people affiliated with the university and had a great time.  It was fun to see Kevin in his element and getting excited to talk about school.  We learned some new things about Terre Haute and are looking forward to establishing ourselves here.  It was so nice to have an evening to ourselves, get dressed up in a new dress and have good conversations.  We should do this more often.  I should also give a big THANK YOU shout out to my MIL for driving up to stay with Olive.

3.  I shared my recipe for Banana Pudding earlier this week.  It's so delicious and really easy to make.  We've been enjoying it all week long.  I think the mini Vanilla Wafers made it extra delicious this time.  I'm trying to squeeze in as many summery treats as possible this month.  Check back next week for my mom's yummy Lemon Cake recipe.

 4. Have you seen Oreo Thins yet??
I'd never heard of them until my mom bought some for us to try.  
They are delicious and you don't feel quite as bad eating a stack of them 
since they are THIN :) 

5. We had visitors this week - my parents, Pam & Keith and Uncle Ray all met at my house for a fun visit.  We chatted, went out to lunch and at lots of cookies.

Hope you have a great weekend :) Thanks for stopping by my blog. 

11 comments:

  1. LOVE the floral shoes! So cute. And I've been looking for Oreo Thins but hadn't found them at the store yet. And now I'm doing the Whole30, so maybe after a month they will finally make it to our small town and I can try them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great week for you lady! That banana pudding is on point. What is the cal content for those oreos? I'm afraid I would still over indulge, eeek. Best weekend wishes to you... xo Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your floral shoes are SO cute! I had a pair like that the last time they were in style (5th grade?). :) I have a striped pair of tennies that I've about worn out this summer - they're so comfy! It's so nice that you're close enough to family that you can get together for the day AND have baby sitters who are eager. :) That is such a great picture of you and Kevin! Such a great bunch of highlights!
    http://comehomeforcomfort.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for introducing me to Oreo thins!! Can't wait to pick some up. Happy to find your blog through the linkup :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of Oreo thins but I would end up eating the whole packet in one sitting thinking because they were thin they contain less calories.
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you moving right along(pun?) but seriously, y'all are acclimating and transitioning so quickly and so well. Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I almost failed the NC written test when I had to take it, lol. And the mint thin Oreos are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have those shoes!! We do have the Oreo Thins here but haven't tried them, I'm not a huge Oreo fan but maybe the thin version wouldn't be too bad. Found you on Five on Friday ... enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your floral shoes are cute! The banana pudding looks great! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Phew, what a week! I always forget that moving stresses and business doesn't end after the boxes get to the new house. And why do they make you do the written tests again and again?? So annoying, isn't it? And your floral shoes are so cute! Love that it's got a dark background to keep dirt stains to a minimum. That would be a must for me :) Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those shoes! Are the thins that good? I love double stuff so I'm wondering if I'd even like the thins.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.