Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Exercise with Mom

What's the best way to ensure that you get in some exercise every day?

Right now, with Leo as my 24/7 side kick and the big kids at school all day, I usually work out in the afternoon.  I hop on the treadmill for anywhere from 20-45 minutes.  I usually walk.  Occasionally run.  And it's pretty enjoyable.  I get caught up on things on my phone and listen to my favorite fast moving playlists.

Now that Leo is 4, he's so easy to work out around.  He'll play right night to my treadmill or go on walks with me.  We bike, too.

It always cracks me up that the kids are eager to be right next to me no matter what I'm doing.  On the weekends, they'll hang out with Kevin.  If they're home when I'm exercising, they are popping in and out of our office to say hello.

These 4 things ensure that I get to exercise most days:

1. An indoor workout option that isn't weather dependent (treadmill)
2. Putting on my workout clothes whether I feel like working out or not.
3. Adding exercise to my daily to do list.  I'm the kind of girl that if it's on my to do list, it'll get done.  I also like to make note of what exercise I do each day in my planner.  That way I can see what I accomplised during the month and set new goals for the next month.
4. Exercise before the craziness of the afternoon/evening hits.

What's your best way to exercise right now?

This is often my exercising view: Kids and cats.  And I often have to stop to help Leo with potty breaks, but exercising is a priority to me.  I won't be talked out of it!


Leo plays with all kinds of toys while I "apple-size".  Then we clean everything up together to leave the office neat and tidy.

He also enjoys simple games and animal figures to play with.

So if you're surrounded by tiny people during your days, it's totally possible to occupy them with toys or a show while you exercise.  Leo bounces around to do lots of different things while I'm on the treadmill.  And if you aren't in a good exercise routine, it's a great time of year to start doing something for yourself.

2 comments:

  1. I love hearing how normal moms find ways to workout (as opposed to the ones who are extremely into working out...that's just not me and intimidates me, ha!). I find that mid-morning works best for me. The kids are taking a break from school and playing. I use an online Catholic fitness program called Pietra Fitness and I just do it 3x/wk for less than 30 minutes each time. My husband and I swap out for walks in the evenings a couple times a week (well, I walk, I think he runs for his time) and I like to briskly walk and listen to a podcast. None of this is getting me to pre-baby weight and body but I'm ok with that! I just want to be healthy for myself and for my family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I wish I would have incorporated exercise more when my kids were younger.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.