Monday, October 5, 2020

Sprinkle Pumpkins

Now that October is here, I'm ready for all things pumpkin.   How about you?

I have a really simple, really festive recipe to share with you today.  You just need 3 ingredients and your family will be thrilled to have a sprinkle pumpkin for breakfast.

 


Ingredients:

1 can of cinnamon rolls that roll up with icing (Aldi is our favorite)

orange sprinkles

green sprinkles

Directions:

Unroll the end of your cinnamon roll and fold it over to make a pumpkin stem (See picture below).  Place on a greased cookie cookie sheet and bake as directed.  Let cool and then ice them with icing.  Sprinkle orange sprinkles on the pumpkin part and green sprinkles on the stem.  Serve!

 





I made these for my kids for breakfast and they were thrilled.  Next time, I'll let them help do the sprinkle part.  This whole breakfast cost about $1.50.

I've learned that these really small special acts of love make my kid's day!  They were so excited for a fun breakfast and it only took me a few extra steps from our usual canned cinnamon rolls.  

ANYONE could make these.  You don't have to have any special tools, ingredients or skills.

Would your family enjoy waking up to these sprinkle pumpkins??

Another fun idea for a sprinkle pumpkin... Meijer sells these sprinkle covered sugar cookies and the kids loved them.  They're under $4 for 12 and would work for a class party or get together. 


3 comments:

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.