Friday, August 16, 2019

Teriyaki Chicken Casserole

Happy Friday!!  I had a different post planned for you for today, but then I ended up making a new recipe for dinner last night that I had to share right away.  It was easy, healthy and so good!

I know casseroles get a bad wrap.  And I just don't understand it.  I love casseroles!  I live with a man who does not love them which means that I've had to get creative over the years.  Swap out the really heavy, creamy, soupy casseroles, for colorful, fresh ones and he's a fan.

I came across this Teriyaki Chicken Casserole on Pinterest and was inspired to make my own version.  We all enjoyed this casserole!  All the veggies are really chunky so it's easy to pick out anything you don't love.  It's also really tasty so kids and adults will enjoy it.  It is the perfect meal to deliver to a friend.  It travels so well and reheats well.  I doubled the recipe and made one for us and one for a friend.  


Teriyaki Chicken Casserole

3 cups cooked white rice
3-4 chicken breasts
soy sauce
teriyaki sauce
olive oil
2 cloves of garlic
1 chunk of fresh ginger
Salt and pepper
1 bag Deluxe Stir Fry Vegetables
1/2 bag frozen broccoli florets
1/4 bag match stick carrots
1 yellow onion

To save myself some time, I did the chicken breasts in the crockpot the day before.  I just added frozen chicken breasts and about a 1/4 of a bottle of teriyaki sauce.  Cooked on high for 6 hours, removed from crock pot and refrigerated.  They were ready to shred the next day.

Cook the rice and line your pan with it.


Add a drizzle of soy sauce over all the rice.

While your rice is cooking, sautee your frozen veggies.  I added all the veggies in together with a generous drizzle of olive oil.  Once they were browned, I sprinkled a little sauce sauce on top.


While the rice and veggies are cooking, go ahead and start the sauce.  Mince 2 cloves of garlic and one chunk of ginger, salt and pepper and olive oil in a pan.  Heat it up and then add in the remainder of the teriyaki sauce from the bottle.  Shred your chicken and add it into the sauce.  Let it sit until it's ready to assemble.

Layer all the ingredient into the casserole dish and gently stir.  Serve with soy sauce.

There are so many ways you can personalize this for your family!  Change up the meat, switch to brown rice, change up the veggies to your family favorites, etc.  I just love this casserole and will be making it again very soon!


It works great in a glass pan for home and a disposable pan for dropping off dinner to a friend!

 Would your family like this??


It's time to link up with my favorite blogging buddies for High Five for Friday.  Join us with a few different blog posts and be sure to look around to find some new blog friends

Becky @  By BMG Blog
Della @ Della Devoted
Tif @ Bright on a Budget
Whitney P @ Come Home for Comfort

4 comments:

  1. That looks so delicious!! I love casseroles but have found it's harder to find recipes without cream of soup or cheese. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good casserole. Do you actually bake this in the oven at all, or is it just layering the ingredients in a casserole dish? Sorry if this is a silly question!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! I'm totally guilty of adding cream of soup to every single casserole I make, haha.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.