Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Our Aldi Favorites

Are you an Aldi shopper yet??

The goal of my post today is to convince you that you need to shop at Aldi. 

I guarantee that you will save money on your grocery budget every month by shopping there.  The prices are amazing and the store really isn't that complicated to figure out - bring your own quarter to use a cart, bring your own shopping bags and be prepared to get some great deals!!  The prices on meat, cheese and produce are hard to beat.

I thought I'd do a little round up of all our favorite Aldi products to help convince you to shop there.  These are must have items when I make an Aldi run.  I don't go every week, but I make it to Aldi to stock up on great deals probably twice a month.  The deals are just too good to pass up.


I always start by filling up my cart with produce.  The end cap always features their sales for the week and I try to start there.  I never remember to look at the Aldi app or the Aldi add before I go to the store.  These green grapes were amazing!  Great prices on strawberries, spinach, cucumbers, nectarines and blueberries.


This naan bread is a staple at my house.  It makes the best pizza crust.  I always have it in our freezer.  It thaws perfectly and I regularly find it marked down to $1 or $2 off.  I love to stock up when it's marked down and freeze it.  We do regular pizza, bbq chicken pizza and cheesey breadsticks out of these.

These gourmet cupcakes are so good!  $3.49 for 4 is a wonderful deal.

These cookie thins are all the rage!

My whole family loves these tortilla chips.  They're salty and delicious just like Tostitos.  They just happen to be $2-3 less than the name brand.  The salsa is so good!  We buy both the milk and medium.  Neither are super spicy and approved by all the people at my house.

We love all their salami varieties for charcuterie boards.  They're super fresh and really well priced.  I picked up the snack trays for an easy lunch for Kevin one day.


The Aldi cheese selection is AMAZING.  They've got everything from fancy cheese, smoked cheese, white cheddar, shredded, blocks, sliced, cheese sticks, fresh cheese, etc.  The prices are so good!

 My Mom said this hard salami by the pretzels (not refrigerated) is really good.

We love Aldi ketchup and mustard.

 These Aldi chocolates are AMAZING.  They make great snacks or teacher gifts.

 We love all the Aldi pasta.  This is a giant box of angel hair pasta for $1.69.

All the taco making supplies are delicious.  We love the beans, the taco seasoning packets and the soft taco shells.


These fruit pouches are so yummy!  They're $1.49 for four and I love them.  Fletcher and I pack them for snacks regularly.  The apple peach is our favorite.

The canned cinnamon rolls go on sale regularly and my kids think they're better than homemade.  They're our favorite canned cinnamon roll and are only $1.69 each.

We save juice boxes for special occasions and these are kid approved!  I was excited to see them on sale for $1.49 so I stocked up for us and for Olive's class.  We also like the Aldi Capri Suns.  I think they're both $1.99 and kid approved.

My Aldi always has these fun snack size cookie bags.  My kids like the Nutter Butters and Oreos and they're usually $1.99.  They fit perfectly in lunch boxes.

We love the Aldi vanilla yogurt and this Milville Whole Grain Granola Oats Honey Almond.  My whole family enjoys it.  It's only $2.19 and it's in the cereal aisle.

What are you most excited to try from Aldi??
Do we have any of the same favorites??

8 comments:

  1. I know, I know I really need to shop at Aldi more! I just don't love our local one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did I ever do before Aldi? I’m trying to switch to organic and non gmo and it makes me so happy when Aldi has what I want at a great price.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think our Aldi is lacking compared to others. It’s tiny and I never find anything that you post about! I’ve tried it several times and always come up with an empty basket. Maybe I should try one in another town!! I’m always impressed with your grocery hauls from there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Aldi!!! Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our family loves the Penguin crackers that are similar to goldfish, but the boys like the Penguins better. And the beef brisket frozen patties...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aldi shopper for life!! HA! Staples in our house include their whipped cream cheese and bagels- my girls like the mini sized bagels and the big ones! The last couple of weeks I have been able to snag their take n bake pizzas on saleI I put them in my deep freezer and they were ready for our Friday night pizza picnic! A big family favorite are the FRESH Italian meatballs in the meat section. I put them in a crock pot with Aldi's simply nature organic marinara and they are SO good on meatball subs or over pasta!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I go to Aldi's once every few months. I agree, they have a great selection of cheese. I always go there when I need heavy whipping cream because it's cheaper than anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are finally getting an Aldi closer to us! I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.