Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Must See Family Movies & a DIY Forky!

My kids are just now getting to the ages where we are enjoying watching movies together.  We saw our first movie in the theater as a family this past Summer.  Toy Story 4 was a big hit!  Scroll down to the bottom of this post to see our list of must see family movies!!  Be sure and share your favorites with me.

I loved sharing that experience with everyone and having some fun running jokes as a result.  The kids adored the character Forky.  He was hilarious in their mind and they make jokes about him often.  I knew it wouldn't be too hard to DIY a Forky character of our own.  I gathered art supplies from our stash and ordered a couple finishing touches.


Supplies Needed:
sporks
red and Blue pipe cleaners
googly eyes of various sizes
wide popsicle sticks
markers
play-doh
hot glue gun

This activity required close adult supervision thanks to the HOT GLUE and having to break apart popsicle sticks and cutting apart pipe cleaners.  You could simplify the process by precutting the popsicle sticks and pipe cleaners.  That would make this project much more doable for a crowd. 


We used our tiny Forky toys from McDonalds as inspiration.

The kids picked out all their eyes, colors of pipe cleaners and play-doh and I did all the hot gluing.  I broke the popsicle sticks, hot glued them together into a v shape and then they added the rainbow and their initials.  I glued the spork to the popsicles and propped them up to dry.  Once everything dried hard, they covered the base with play-doh.

 The kids decided Forky needed a friend so they made Forky wives :)



The kids were so proud of their Forky families.  They've had a great time playing with them all week.

Must See Family Movies:
Toy Story 4
Toy Story 1-3 (although they thought 3 was too sad to rewatch)
Cars 1-3
Despicable Me
Minions Movie
Ferdinand
Planes
Sing
Gnome Alone
Gnomeo & Juliet
The Greatest Showman
Moana
Frozen
Matilda
The Parent Trap
Charlie & The Chocolate Factory

These are all movies that the kids have seen multiple times and loved.  Do you have any kid friendly movie recommendations for us?? 

3 comments:

  1. I can't make myself go see Toy Story 4 in theater for fear of crying like a crazy person since my kids are in middle school and high school! HA

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute project! My kids loved all the Disney classics like Lion King, Little Mermaid, Cinderella, Finding Nemo, and more. Shrek was a big hit too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are ADORABLE!! Our fave family movies (when our kids were younger) were Robin Hood, Aristocrats, and Peter Pan.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.