Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Zucchini Brownies & Fall Recipes

We are lucky to have friends who garden and SHARE!

Maybe some day I'll have some beautiful raised garden beds with veggies to share, but that'll be a few years down the road.

For now, we are thankful for their zucchini!

I grated it all up and froze it so I can just pull out a bag when we need it.

I found the best recipe for Zucchini Brownies and they were so good.  My whole family loved them.

Homemade brownies aren't usually my thing, so you know these must have been delicious for me to share the brownie recipe.  It was really easy, too.

Original recipe here at Two Peas and Their Pod

1 1/2 c sugar
1/2 c vegetable oil
2 c flour
1/4 c cocoa
2 c shredded zucchini (don't drain off all the moisture)
2 t vanilla
1 t salt
1 1/2 t baking soda
1 c chocolate chips
powdered sugar to sprinkle on top

Combine sugar, oil and flour until it looks crumbly.

Add in everything else until the mix is well combined.

Save the chocolate chips for last and fold them into the wet mix. 

Pour brownies into a greased 9x13 pan and bake at 350 for 25-35 minutes.  Insert toothpick making sure it comes out clean when brownies are done.  Let cool.  Sprinkle powdered sugar on top.  Delicious for a couple of days!


They were soft, chewy and fluffy.  You really can't even see the zucchini in them :)

I'm also looking forward to doing some Fall baking this month.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal
You can find my recipe here
 

Pumpkin Struesel Muffins
You can find my recipe here


Caramel Apple Crisp
You can find my recipe here


What are you looking forward to baking?

It's time to link up with my favorite Tuesday Talk ladies.
Be sure to join us with a current blog post.



7 comments:

  1. Your brownies look scrumptious..bet they are so moist!! LOVE Fall recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, yum, YUM! Love zucchini brownies. They are the only way I have ever convinced Emily to eat a vegetable.... kidding.... kind of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zucchini brownies?! That sounds delicious! I am going to have to try them. Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried zucchini brownies...but those look amazing. I'm excited to make batches of cinnamon bun scones and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, not to mention all the good comfort food suppers like chicken and dumplings. I love fall food! :)

    Whitney @ Come Home For Comfort

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that these brownies look like a traditional batch. Odds are I can convince C to eat these since he can't see the veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They sound delicious! I love sneaking in vegetables wherever I can!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum to all of these! I've never made zucchini brownies but I want to now!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.