Monday, March 27, 2017

March Recipe Round Up

I'm excited to share a few new recipes with you today.  They're all pretty easy and really delicious.  I didn't cook quite as much as usual this month since we were out of town for Spring Break, but I still have some great things to share with you today.

// 1 //
Spaghetti and Fake Meatballs
My husband doesn't love pasta, but sometimes he requests it for dinner because he knows that everyone else loves it.  I whipped up this spaghetti dinner and it was DELICIOUS!

1 lb ground round
1/4 finely chopped purple onion
1/4 finely chopped yellow onion
minced garlic
olive oil
salt and pepper

Angel hair pasta
Ragu sauce
mozzarella cheese

Cook the ground round in a skillet and barely break it up while it cooks.  Leave it really chunky (aka fake meatballs).  Cook the onions and garlic in olive oil until they are slightly clear.  Combine the meat and onions until they start to stick together.

Cook the pasta like usual, heat the sauce and then build your own pasta bowls!!

// 2 //
Rotisserie Chicken
This was a huge time saver for me this month!  We ate big salads regularly and the chicken was the perfect addition.  My husband also dipped his in BBQ sauce instead of adding it to his salad.  To each his own :)  My favorite salad dressing in the world is Ken's Honey Mustard!


// 3 //
Breakfast For Dinner
We ate pancakes, waffles, scrambled eggs, egg sandwiches and omelets for dinners this month.  They're easy and cheap dinner options.  I love picking up thick cut bacon or turkey sausage to add to the meal along with some fresh fruit.



// 4 //
NACHOS, TACOS, QUESADILLAS, Oh my!
We had lots of Mexican food this month, but I barely took any pictures of it.  Head to Instagram (@polkadottyplace) to see my latest nacho combo.


FUN KID FOOD:
My three year old loves a good, festive meal so the edible rainbows were a hit.  I made sure to include all of her favorite foods.


TREATS:
Going BANANAS:
I shared my recipe for Banana Cake with Caramel Frosting



Banana Pops this month


Have you tried any of the Girl Scouts cereal yet??  This one was amazing!

My Perfect Buttercream Recipe never disappoints.

We enjoyed lots of rainbow treats this month.
You can never go wrong with a good chocolate chip cookie.
They are definitely MY MOST FAMOUS RECIPE



Have you tried any new recipes lately??

Now I'm starving!!  Which recipes are you anxious to try???
I'm linking up with 2 of my favorite cooking ladies today
and we're all sharing our best recipes from the month.

Linking up with Southern Plate

Katie @ Cup of Tea
New Recipes to Try March

Whitney @ Come Home for Comfort
What We're Eating March

Head over to their blogs to see what delicious meals they are sharing this month!
 We've also started a Pinterest Board called
New Recipes We've Tried and Loved!
Be sure to check it out and get some great ideas for meals at your house.

8 comments:

  1. Spaghetti is a favorite in our house!
    I love rotisserie chicken on my salads! I eat one just about every day!!
    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't made any of that banana cake. I blame the plague and packing that put a damper on my cooking. You really have me craving some meat balls now too. I make these florentine ones with Turkey burger that you bake in the oven. They are SO easy and good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on spaghetti and meatballs! We have a lot of pasta, but I can't ever get Paul on board with breakfast for dinner. I make that if he's working late, because it's one of my favorites! Those waffles look amazing. I haven't picked up any of the Girl Scout cereal but I need to! Your salads look beautiful in all their veggie-packed glory!!

    Whitney @ Come Home For Comfort

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your fake meatballs. We often have meatballs because that's the only way Connor will eat red meat. He refuses it any other way but I'm about to challenge him to a burger so hopefully that doesn't blow up in my face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Genius idea for the meatballs! You had me going, though! I thought you had made vegetarian ones ;) Can I also say that I love that you put fun colorful sprinkles on things?? Makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brinner is always my fave! And I love the idea of the fake meatballs with spaghetti! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to get some new popsicle molds! Those look tasty!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.