Friday, March 3, 2017

The Best Parts

Happy Friday!!  I hope you all had a wonderful week.  Only good things to report from my house so let's cut to the chase and see the best parts of our week:

// 1// 
Eat the Rainbow
I'm always working on eating colorful meals and I did a good job of that this week.  Big salads with carrot ribbons, avocado toast and veggie pasta salad.  All were delicious and I'd happily eat them again next week.

2 eggs w bacon bits, 1 piece of toast, 1/2 an avocado and fruit

All the veggies in my fridge, pasta, cheese stick and drizzle of Olive Garden dressing.


// 2 //
Happy March!!  We're excited to celebrate with fun St. Patrick's Day things for the next few weeks.  I didn't grow up celebrating St. Patrick's Day, but my Notre Dame loving husband convinced me that all things Irish are fun.  Expect to see lots of rainbows, gold and clovers at our house.  I've got some cards to make, crafts to do with the kids, decorations and new recipes to try.  Stay tuned :)


So far I've picked up two clover plants for my kitchen window and they make me so happy!  I'm just hoping that I can take good care of them.  I am not known for being a great plant mom so wish these cute plants LOTS of luck this month.


// 3 //
Family Letter
My uncle came in town for lunch this week and we had a really nice visit.  He came with some purple gifts and a letter from my Mamaw.  She'd written it to him 35 years ago and he thought I'd enjoy it since she mentions me in the letter.  She passed away on my birthday when I was in 6th grade.  I always loved her and have tons of sweet memories with her.  I really loved reading it, seeing her handwriting and just seeing what she was interested in all those years ago.  Lots of bowling, quilting, letter writing, piano playing, church, family and friends.  She even made Banana Cake with caramel frosting the week she wrote the letter and then I made the same cake for my uncle that day.  What a fun coincidence :)  I love having this letter from her.

  
// 4 //
Going to the Moon
Our friends invited us to the local children's museum this week and we had so much fun!  I've been meaning to buy a family pass for months, but never got around to it.  They offer free science classes twice a month for members and they've got three floors of fun things to do.  We had a wonderful time learning all about the moon and astronauts.  It was so much fun and I'm excited for all of the learning opportunities we'll have there as a family.  



 // 5 //
Dr Seuss's Birthday
We celebrated Dr. Seuss's birthday at our Duplo class this week.  Olive loved making her one fish, two fish Duplo fish and the kids had a great time playing.  That spin art is always a favorite station. 




Polka-Dotty Place Week in Review:

Wednesday: What We're Reading
Thursday: March Goals


What was your FAVORITE part of the week??

I hope you have a really great weekend!!

11 comments:

  1. Those meals look so good! I love Olive in the rainbow outfit. She's such a cutie! I can't get over how fun that Duplo class looks. I want to create one here. So cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fantastic looking food! I'm swooning over your decorated fireplace - so pretty! The story about that letter has me teary eyed. How thoughtful of your uncle to bring that to share with you and how fun that you happened to make the same banana cake mentioned in it that day! Wishing you and your precious family a beautiful weekend ahead, Whitney! xo - Brenda // ChattingOverChocolate.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y'all really have such a wonderful week! So great that there are fun things for the kids to do so close to your home. I love that your uncle brought you that letter to read-such a sweet thing to read. We are suppose to have a beautiful weekend ahead and I for one can not wait to get into the sunshine. It has either been rainy or too cold this week to get outside. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a FUN, happy week you had!! Your salads look delicious, as always and I am obsessed with Olive's rainbow outfit!! And how special for you to have that letter from your Grandma! I love that you made the same cake she did the week she wrote the letter! That is definitely a big wink from her up in Heaven! Have a great weekend friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job on eating colorful food! I love the children's museum near me, so that's great you were able to go and had lovely time.

    That letter sounds amazing - it's great you were able to read it.

    Lauren @ www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a special gift from your uncle! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet to get that letter! And your children's museum looks so fun! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun time at the museum! I really wish we had one closer to us. It would make my home school mama heart so very happy! And you always make me want to eat salad too. I often find myself thinking of you every time I make one for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How precious to have that letter from your Mamaw! I have a box of letters from my grandmothers that I plan to cherish for the rest of my life. Your banana cake coincidence is the sweetest thing!

    Whitney @ Come Home For Comfort

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.