We got our family pictures taken back in November, but I haven't shared them with you yet. I was keeping them under wraps until our Christmas cards went out and then we gave some prints to family for Christmas. I was really pleased with how our first family of FOUR photos turned out. It's always a lot of work to plan outfits, schedule a photo shoot and make it all happen, BUT I never ever regret going to all of the trouble. It's priceless to have sweet pictures of my family and I'll love them forever.
My best family photo shoot tips:
1. Try on your outfits ahead of time to make sure they all fit, look good and are comfortable. Let everyone have a say in what they will be wearing.
2. Make sure that everyone is fed and hydrated BEFORE the pictures start.
3. Be very clear about what you want and what type of pictures you like.
4. Get all of your pictures done within 30 minutes.
5. Plan a reward for everyone right after pictures are done and talk it up during the pictures
6. Get a game plan together with your spouse. Kevin doesn't love professional photo shoots, but I do. So we talked through our expectations beforehand to help things to go smoothly during the session.
The weather was perfect for November,
the local park was beautiful and we were close to home.
My favorite & our 2016 Christmas card:
Framing this one of Olive:
Framing this one of Fletcher:
I can't wait to frame several of these for a sweet collage.
The kids already seem a little bigger
so I'm thankful that this moment of time was captured.
Are you a fan of family pictures or is it something you dread??