It was a HOT week in Indiana. I had hoped that the last few weeks of temps in the 70s meant that we were fast tracking Fall, but no such luck. Hot temps ahead for the weekend so not quite scarf wearing weather just yet. We had a nice week and the best parts were...
1. We ordered a pair of matching wing back recliners several months ago from Lazyboy and they finally came in! We hadn't purchased any new furniture in YEARS so it was fun to get some new things. We hope to replace the couch in the future, but love the updates for our family room. My dad delivered them to our house yesterday and I LOVE them! They are olive green with a faint stripe and they are so comfy. Everyone fights to sit in them.
2. We have a wedding to go to in Kentucky on Sunday and I've had fun planning our outfits. I picked up this dress on major sale at JCP and can't wait to cut off the tags. I making a few modifications because the current forecast is 94 and sunny for an outdoor wedding. It's going to be HOT, but hopefully that won't stop us from having fun.
3. My Fitbit is up and running/walking again!! It quit syncing with my app back in July and I tried everything to fix it myself. I finally called Fitbit customer service last week and they ended up sending me a new one for free. Hooray!! Now back to my 10,000 step a day goal. Any other Fitbit fans out there??
4. We decorated for Fall this week and seeing pumpkins everywhere makes me so happy! I put all of my plastic/indestructible pumpkins down at toddler level and kept my fragile ones up high. I also picked up these giant acorns at Hobby Lobby this year. They are really pretty, but they are SO FRAGILE. The stem broke off one of them and then the other one has a hole on the backside because it got dropped. Consider yourself warned if you're thinking of buying them. I also picked up a bag of the small, real looking acorns at Hobby Lobby and was really happy with them. They've got great detail and I'd highly recommend the real looking ones.
5. We had a family date night at our favorite mexican restaurant Real Hacienda. Their salsa is delicious and I always share the rice/white cheese/chicken dish with Olive. Chips and salsa might be Olive's favorite food and she requests it often. We wrapped up our date by getting groceries, but everything just seems more fun when we do it together :)
Looking forward to a fun weekend. We are headed south to visit family, celebrate a birthday, watch a lot of football and head to Kentucky to see our friends get married. They are friends from Utah so we are looking forward to a little Utah reunion of sorts. Hope you have a wonderful 3 day weekend!! See you back here on Tuesday :)
Any fun plans for your weekend?