Friday, September 25, 2015

The Best Parts

The best parts of my week were:

1.  Stopping in at Old Navy and finding everything I wanted on sale.  I had two coupons, a gift card and I left with $20 Old Navy cash for my next purchase - hooray!  I loved their plaids, florals and fall colors.  This floral dress and striped dress came home with me.  I'll definitely be back for more.  Especially since my fall fashion wish list still has several items on it. 

Fall Fashion Favorites 15

2. We've been prepping to head to Notre Dame on Saturday for game day all week long.  We practiced packing the car with everything we'd need since it was our first game day with a toddler and are hoping it'll go great.  We are packing in the fun and feel like it's totally doable thanks to my favorite ladies at Sweet Little Ones Blog who do this regularly with their kiddos.  Kevin's parents are going with us so I'm thinking that the toddler/adult ration of 1:4 is a good one :)  Go Irish!!

3. I'm trying to come up with a fun way to display my daughter's art work.  She's 2 and just started making me things on her own.  She'll ask for paper and crayons, will color, then bring me something and say she has a present for me.  I say I love it and she says Let's decorate.  So she wants to see her work hanging.  I have a large chicken wire frame that might work and I was thinking a fun wire with clips on it might be a good option.  How do you display your child's art work?

4. Have you seen these adult coloring books before??  They are really fun and popular right now!!  I have a sweet friends who's really sick and I thought a care package would cheer her up.  Olive and I gathered artsy things all week.

5. We met Kevin for lunch one day this week at our favorite Jimmy Johns.  It's super close to campus so it's the perfect lunch spot.  Olive was happy to see him and do her Captain Hook move with.

Any fun plans for your weekend?  
Hope you have a great one :)
 

16 comments:

  1. Such cute fall picks! I especially love the floral shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the striped dress from Old Navy too--it just hasn't gotten to my house yet! I can't wait tho!!
    I want an adult coloring book--coloring used to be my favorite growing up. My mom and I used to get the same coloring book and color the same pages in the book at the same time. It's some of my favorite memories :)
    Hope you have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the polka dot Keds. I am a huge fan of Keds! As always, loving your favorites and especially on Instagram. Enjoy a wonderful fall weekend ahead - we hope!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your Old Navy finds - there are times when it seems like Old Navy is giving stuff away with amazing deals, and then there are times where I can go for a couple of months and find nothing! I've been hearing about adult coloring books, but haven't tried one yet. Might be a really good stress reliever!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore your Old Navy finds! An adult coloring book is on my to buy list! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy the weekend in town! I always forget it's a home game until I get near my house (a mile from campus) and all hell is breaking loose traffic-wise. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am totally in fall online shopping mode too! So many fun pieces for layering!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your old navy purchases! They seem to hav egreat stuff lately!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you practiced packing the car for your tailgating day! You're so smart to plan ahead, especially with a toddler. Hope you have loads of fun and get a win for your Fighting Irish! (I won't say that come basketball season, so take it while you can. Ha!)

    http://comehomeforcomfort.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE those Old Navy dresses you found! I've been all about the Old Navy this year and just scored some Super Cash myself with an order this week! I also am on board with pretty much everything in your Fall Fashion Favorites, haha. Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a doodler and love the adult coloring books I've seen popping up lately- I tink I need one! Your shopping collage makes me itchy to do a little retail therapy... : ) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I ordered a shirt similar to the one in the first picture from Gap only to realize the "small" fit two of me. After getting over the devastation I now have to go exchange it but I am loving stripes for fall! - Svetlana @Life With a Side of Wine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those last two pictures - adorable! And great Old Navy finds! It's the best when everything is on sale!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm curious to see how your game day goes. I think y'all will have an amazing time. I love Jimmy Johns and I wish I had one of their sandwiches right now. Y'all have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute. Old Navy has some really great stuff right now.

    I have a cafe rod/ clip/ command hook display going on right now that I LOVE. It was easy, inexpensive and isn't permanently adhered to the wall. All things that really add up in my books!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving your floral and stripes together. And all of your fall favorites. I'm loving this weather (minus all the rain we are getting) and the ability to wear boots and leggings. Missing summer, but not the heat!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.