Monday, July 27, 2015

Fiesta & Fireworks

I'm SO EXCITED to be back to blogging this week!!  The break did exactly what it was supposed to do - give me time to get my life in order.  We are settled into life in Indiana and are enjoying the next few weeks before Kevin's new job starts.  We've gotten to do fun things in our new city of Terre Haute and are just enjoying spending time together after our move.  Thanks for following along with my on instagram and I'm happy to be writing again.

We had a two day moving layover in our hometown so we stayed with my parents that happened to fall on Kevin's birthday this year.  We did some quick planning with both sides of our family and decided to do a Fiesta & Fireworks to celebrate.  The Fiesta was with my side and the fireworks were with his side.  It worked out great and was the perfect way to celebrate amidst the chaos of moving.

The Fiesta
My mom and I planned out the menu, she did most of the cooking and I helped chop things up and then we pulled out all of her Mexican dishes for the party!
The food was amazing (best meal Kevin's had in ages according to him)
and we had a great time.  We had brownie sundaes for dessert.

 The little cousins got together and had a blast.
"El-nor" and Olive :)

My mom always personalizes things for the birthday party:


The Fireworks
Since Kevin's birthday falls just after the 4h of July, he's always had fireworks at his parties.  His mom helped continue this tradition this year.  We had a delicious cookout, his favorite Buttermilk cake and fireworks to wrap up the night.  He LOVED introducing Olive to fireworks as if you couldn't tell by their matching smiles.

When your mom personalizes your birthday cake...
we are all really proud of Professor Kevin :)

My MIL has beautiful flowers 
and Olive loves to go around smelling, touching and picking some for herself.


 Both sets of grandparents were able to come.
Olive is lucky to have 4 great grandparents on Kevin's side who adore her.


I have a feeling that 34 is going to be a wonderful year!

2 comments:

  1. Oh what a wonderful 34th party Kevin had. Looks like y'all did lots of celebrating! Jack was very scared of the fireworks. I'm glad you are back to blogging when I know you are so busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful birthday party, professor Kevin! :) They looked like they loved the fireworks. I love that Olive has both sets of grandparents nearby. So when are you planning the next vacation just the two of you? ;) With grandparents nearby, I think that would be the first thing we do! Also, now I really want a fiesta for dinner.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.