Friday, August 22, 2014

The Best Parts

It was a quiet week at home for us this week.  We didn't have any big plans and just got to enjoy being together.  We ate at home, enjoyed our backyard and watched it rain on the back patio.  I'd definitely repeat this week again.

The best parts were...

 1. I tackled my first chalkboard project.  I wanted something fun in our dining room to greet people as they entered our home.  It's the first thing you see when you walk in the door and I'm thrilled with how it turned out.  Now I just want to buy more chalkboards for the rest of the house.

2. I've been dying to have a tree swing for Olive in our backyard.  It was one of the first outdoor projects on our to do list.  It proved to be a little trickier than we anticipated (limb at an angle, had to buy a tall ladder, ropes were too short, knot tying, etc.)  My husband got all the logistics figured out and we spend time each day swinging.  Olive LOVES it and would likely sit there all day if we would push her.

 3. We went to story time this week at our local library in the hopes of meeting some other moms & kids.  I don't like being the new girl and I had to talk myself into going.  I'm glad we did.  We got acquainted with the children's librarian, met some nice people, got invited to church and look forward to going back.  Olive listened, participated, colored a frog, visited with the other kids and enjoyed some animal crackers.  I think we'd say it was a win-win for both of us.  We both got new books to read so I'm hoping story time will also help me get back into reading for fun.

 4. I'm in the process of decorating Olive's bedroom.  She isn't so interested in the curtains, pom-pom cluster or gallery walls but she does love her new chair.  I blogged the details of this darling polka-dotty chair earlier in the week.

 5. We have been trying to eat more salads at our house.  Our favorite this week was a BBQ Chicken Ranch Salad packed with veggies.  We had leafy greens, tons of chopped veggies, shredded sharp cheddar, rotisserie chicken and homemade salad dressing (3 parts BBQ sauce + 1 part Ranch).  It was delish!!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog.

8 comments:

  1. Olive is just too cute. Love her little smile while swinging! That salad looks delish...I've never tried that dressing but will definitely give it a go! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Chalkboard project! Found you at Andrea's Link up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did great with the chalkboard! I've been on a salad kick lately...that one sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whitney you put the best blogs on here.I simply love my little Olive Kate's pictures. You all have a very inviting back yarrd..I think you and Kevin made a very wise decision to buy the place.Tell Kevin Grandpa is waiting for the call about the verses.. Kiss Olive a kiss for me... Love Gram

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love every single item in this list! But especially loving that polka dot chair. Adorable! I've been looking for something similar, too. Have a fabulous weekend!

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your chalkboard! I've been wanting to do one, but I'm afraid it wouldn't look too good with my handwriting...lol. Our girl LOVED her swing when she was little. Many times she would end up falling to sleep :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a nice update. I need to eat more salads too !!

    xx
    http://missluludarling.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.