Wednesday, August 20, 2014

PBK Knock Off Anywhere Chair

 My parents and I were strolling through Wal-Mart when we were all spending the week in Mississippi together back in June.  We'd gotten some groceries and I spotted this polka-dotty chair in the kid's section.  It was at the very top, not easily accessible area with no visible price.  We convinced my dad to climb up on the employees only ladder to get one down for us.  He thought we were joking but we assured him that Olive would love it.  We found a random price tag that said $29.95 and were thrilled.  My mom was sure that Olive needed it for her new room and who was I to argue :)

Side note: I'd been looking at the Pottery Barn Kids Anywhere Chairs for a while and their $140+ price tag always scared me off.  I couldn't justify spending that much even though I really loved them.  I love the monogramming option, the variety of slip covers and the sturdy chair construction.  The Wal-Mart version isn't as sturdy and does not have a slip cover, but it is just as cute for a fraction of the price.

Let me finish the story...
We head up to the check out counter and ask them to do a price check to make sure we weren't paying too much.  It rang up for $19.95!! SOLD!! We hurried home with it and it's adorable in her room.  I've put together a little Book Nook for her and she loves sitting in it.  I'll be sure to take some pictures of her room once it's all put together.  Stay tuned.
 I could not find our Big Joe chair on-line but here are some similar chairs

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a find! Walmart does it again! Olive looks adorable, as usual! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing deal!

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.