Monday, June 16, 2014

Trend or Trash: Kimono

Have you spotted kimonos in the stores this season??
I've been seeing them all over blog land and in the stores.
They seem to be the summer cardigan of 2014.

What do you think?
Summer trend or trash??
The b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l. Kim from Oh Sweet Joy
hitting the kimono trend out of the park!!!

Whitney Says:
I am a big fan of this flowy kimono trend.  I like the idea of florals and patterns in very light layers and the fringe is fun, too.  It seems to be a trend that would look great on all body types.  I have tried on several kiminos at TJ Maxx and they were all very awkwardly cut.  I tried on all sizes from small to XL but none of them were a flattering fit - too short, too boxy, etc.  I think a good kimono needs to be a little longish to help achieve the flowy look.  I will be on the hunt for a great kimono this season and will probably check out stores like F21 or Charlotte Russe to see if I can find an affordable option.  I do not want to make this an investment piece in my summer wardrobe, but I think it would be fun to find one for under $20 to change things up a bit.  Let me know if you've spotted any great ones.

1 comment:

  1. I found a cute one at Maurices that I gotta have!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.