Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Birthday Party Garlands

I didn't want to spend a lot of money on garlands for Olive's birthday party so I made several different ones.  They were all very doable and I was happy with how they turned out.

1. Notepad Garland
I purchased a notepad from Target's dollar bins that went with the colors for her party and wrote out what I wanted it to say.  I went with cursive letters written in sharpie.  Then I used washi tape and baker's twine (both from Target's dollar bins) to put the banner together.

2. Instagram banner
I printed instagram pictures, used baker's twine and miniature clothes pins to make this banner.  It was a great way for me to use my insta prints and it did not damage the photos.  I'm hoping to reuse them for Olive's 1st year scrapbook.

3. Polka-Dotty Banner
I purchased a striped notepad and twine from Target's dollar bins and bought a premade polka-dotty banner for about $4.  I used the supplies to make two different banners so I was pleased with the investment.  It came with rope to attach the banner but I opted to stick with my theme of twine.  I cut block letters out of the striped notepad.  Then attached them with scrapbook sticker squares. 
 I used the same technique for the high chair banner.


The moral of the story is that Target dollar bins 
are the perfect place to find affordable banner making supplies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.