Friday, June 20, 2014

Hooray for Friday!!

It was a good filled with road trips, seeing family, hanging out with friends and wrapping up with getting back into our routine at home just in time for the weekend.  Summer always seems to have a way of bringing a FUN, relaxed vibe to our schedule.  The highlights of my week were:

1. The most exciting news of the year is that WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!!  After months of searching, multiple weekend visits, we found THE ONE.  We are moving to Mississippi in about a month and these first time home buyers couldn't be more excited!!  The drive down to MS was perfect and I actually did some of the driving.  Enjoy a few pictures of our very own secret garden of a backyard.  Let's not forget about the HYDRANGEA bushes that were bursting with flowers on our walk through.  It's as if the house was bursting with excitement for us to move in.  I'll definitely be filling my house with bouquets of them.

 2. I almost always order predictable, safe items when we go out to eat.  I decided to be brave, branch out and order the chef's dessert special Fried Cheesecake - cheesecake wrapped/fried in a tortilla shell, coated in cinnamon sugar and drizzled with chocolate.  It was DELISH!!

3. I'm getting excited for the 4th of July and all of the festivities surrounding the holiday - fireworks, red, white & blue foods, and the patriotic USA vibe.  I found this cute outfit for Olive so she's ready to party.
 


 4. We got to go to a fun baby shower for my bestie.  Not many kids were invited but Olive made the cut :)  It was her first shower and she was really well behaved - hallelujah!  Maybe she's already figured out that getting dressed up in a new dress is guaranteed to put a smile on your face!?!?!  We had a great time celebrating a new baby girl joining the friend circle.  Tune back in for a full shower recap including all of the special details.

 5. We had friends over for dinner several times this week.  I've never lived in the same building as good friends until this year and we have really enjoyed walking back and forth to each other's places for dinner.  Kevin picked the menu - homemade strawberry pie, Raspberry Lemonade, BBQ chicken, brown rice & greens.  We love to host friends so I'm hoping we'll do more of this when we settle into our home.

Finish This statements of the week...
I could spend all day...
blogging.
I enjoy reading blogs, writing for my blog and working on projects for my blog.
  
My primary and most essential goal in life...
to be a great wife and mother.  The kind of wife that is her husband's biggest fan and encourager.  The kind of mom who adores her chlid and spends her days creating wonderful memories with them.

You might be surprised to learn...
I have ZERO musical abilities!  I have a hard time clapping a beat, can't sing a note in tune and my lack of musical talents crosses over to no gifts in the dancing department.  I avoid most music/dancing related tasks but I do enjoy listening to music - just don't ask me to perform.

My most favorite place in the world is...
Jackson Hole, Wyoming.
I've been there a half a dozen times and it never gets old.  The scenery is beautiful, the town is enchanting and there is so much to do - national parks, dude ranches, mountains, wildlife, delicious food and basically the little perfect wild west town.  You need to go and visit if you have never been there.

I wish I had known sooner...
everyone says it's hard to lose the last bit of pregnancy weight and it's true.  It seems like the scale just wont budge.  I'm eager to get back into all of my pre-pregnancy clothes but it just hasn't happened yet.  Darn sweet tooth!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh those hydrangea bushes are BEAUTIFUL!!!! I absolutely love hydrangeas (we have fake ones in our house... haha), so I'm super jealous of your beautiful flowers that you get to have in your yard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new house!!!! That's so exciting! What a treat to have those gorg hydrangeas, I know you'll enjoy them. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your house! How exciting. That dessert sounds amazung and so doesn't he meal you cooked!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for the new house! I know you'll be great decorating it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the back yard and flowers. It looks adorable for your first home.. Love reading your blog as it keeps me informed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your baby girl is too cute! And I'm in love with your new backyard! Househunting can be so stressful. We're getting ready to go through it again ourselves, and I dread it.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.