Tuesday, February 11, 2014

I Love You BERRY Much!

Looking for a sweet breakfast to make for someone you LOVE??
Look no further...

I used this recipe for my bagels and thought it was pretty good.  
I'm going to tweek it a bit so stay tuned for my revised version.
I made half of the recipe and learned a few things:
smaller bagels are easier to boil and cook
less berries would be better
give them plenty of time to rise
be sure to boil them for the recommended 3-4 minutes or else they'll be mushy
flip about half way through baking


 I made a mixed berry bagel and put a heart of mixed berry cream cheese on my plate.
I also cut heart banana slices and washed it down with milk.

Not in the mood to make your own bagels??
No biggie!  Get some at a local bakery or grab a pack of Lenders at the store.
It's the thought that counts when making breakfast for someone you love.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, those looks delicious! It has never occurred to me to make bagels at home - wow! I am definitely make these this week, love this idea. Your hubby is so lucky to have such a sweet wife!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!! I have never thought to make bagels at home but this looks so easy! We made a berry coffee cake last week and it was heaven. I couldn't stop eating it!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.