Friday, May 10, 2024

Friday Faves

Happy Friday, friends!  I hope it's been a good week at your house.  It was busy and stormy here.  Thankfully, all of the scary stormy weather missed us, but the kids got sent home from school early, we lost power for a bit and we were on high alert.  The kids had all kinds of fun things going on at school and are excited for Summer break.

Did you catch my blog posts this week?

Simple Charcuterie Board Dinner - my family would eat this meal every night!

7 Family Dinner Ideas - #4 and #6 are always a hit!

A Collected Home - a goal for my home


Now onto my favorite moments of the week!

1. Date night!

Our Derby party got cancelled, but we'd already secured a babysitter and pivoted to date night.  It was lots of fun!  We dined in at a restaurant that we normally only get take out and I helped Kevin with some projects at his office.  Wasabi was such a pretty restaurant and the food was delicious!  Kevin got a sushi and steak dinner and I got the chicken hibachi.  Portions are super generous.  We were so glad to have a night out!




2. Amazon Favorites
I'm loving this Emily Henry book so much - Happy Place!  I think I'm late to the Emily Henry party.  Her characters are so good.  You wish you could just hop right into the storylines and make new friends.  I can't wait to read more of her books this Summer.  Have you read any of her books that you loved?

I can't wait to start this series Rabbit & Bear with my 2nd grader.

I was having trouble finding a few new things for myself in stores so I ordered some gold jewelry and some cute outfits on Amazon!  Let me give you a sneak peek!! The prices are great and the reviews look promising!

I saw this on another friend and couldn't wait to order this PRETTY GARDEN lounge set for myself in black.  I was tempted to do the dark green or one of the bright colors, but figured I couldn't go wrong with the classic black.

Another darling set from PrettyGarden Pullover top and Highwaisted Pants - it's on super sale right now in so many cute colors!  I love the summer sweater top, the pocket and the color options.  I ordered army green for myself.  I hope you can snag the deal, too!

I wanted some new gold hoops for Summer and these look so promising!  They feel very Selena Gomez in Only Murders in the Building to me.  I love all the different styles - the twists, the links, the chunky gold hoops.  They all look so cute.  Adoyi 7 pack of gold hoops

Reoxvo gold bangles.  These look like awesome every day gold bracelets!



3. Elite Air.  We went to another friend birthday party at this fun trampoline place.  The kids loved it again and we were more prepared - had already purchased socks, signed the waiver ahead of time and I brought extra water.




4. Summer charcuterie dinner boards are the easiest dinner when it gets hot out!

5. School lunches are wrapping up for the year.  11 more days to go!

6. Bistro pretzel Bites from Costco are so yummy!!  We made one bag for lunch this week and we all enjoyed them.  The cheddar cheese dip is great.  We'll be getting these again.

7. Cinco de Mayo with friends!  We invited our best buddies over for a little Cinco de Mayo taco bar.  Dinner was so good that I forgot to take any pictures.  Just picture a delicious taco bar.  I made the taco bar and our friends picked up chips and dips from a favorite Mexican restaurant :)  We had s'mores and lemon bundt cake for dessert.  The kids played outside a lot and the adults chatted until dark.  We're all ready for Summer!



8. Eat honeysuckle.  Push Leo on the swings.  Repeat.

9. I'm soaking in the days where buying a new toy truck will totally make his day!  Leo picked out this log truck and has played with it all week.  We also grabbed these bite sized salty snacks at Target this week.  The kids loved them!  They're perfect for lunch boxes or snacks.


10. Our cute cousin Hayden turned 16!  We had a great time celebrating him and snuggling his cats.

Judy the kitten is getting BIG!

11. Late night storms meant waking up with surprise visitors :)

I hope you have a great Mother's Day weekend celebrating the important ladies in your life!!  I'm hoping to eat some delicious food, head to the garden center with my family and celebrate with our families on Sunday.  See you back here on Monday!


Linking up with Momfessionals

and Tanya for Prime Purchases

2 comments:

  1. The storms do not sound like fun at all. I am glad it missed you.
    What a wonderful date night, the food looks so good!
    I love the look of that jewellery, it's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had two scared dogs in bed with us when the storms came through here!! YAY to date night!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.