Monday, July 24, 2023

Summer Outfit Ideas for Moms

Hey Friends!  I'm kicking off the week with a round up of Summer outfit ideas for you.  I am trying to get better at snapping outfit pictures on our way out the door and it helps that my kids are getting older and can be my photographers.

1 // A pretty sleeve

I love these GAP tops that I purchased last year at Sams.  They have the prettiest sleeves and they are t-shirt material.  They are a favorite option to wear with cute shorts or skirts.

PS Happy Anniversary to this handsome guy!  We've been married for 19 years today.  He'd tell you any shirt with a Notre Dame logo on it is a solid wardrobe option.


 2 // Time and Tru Dresses from Walmart

I picked up this striped t-shirt dress in  two colors this season.  I love it so much!  I added a belt big hoops and dressy braided sandals.  It's casual and cute.  I wore it to church and it works perfectly for date night, lunch with the girls and anything in between.


I found this striped dress at Walmart this season.  It also came in a dark jean and I love it so much - cute buttons, drawstring waist and pockets.  Time and Tru dresses are some of my favorite.  Scope out their end of the season clearance for some really cute dresses on major markdown.


3 // Printed tee + Drawstring shorts

If you see me out and about with my crew, I'll probably be wearing a version of this outfit.  It's comfy, cute and works for errands, playgrounds, Bible study and splash pads.  

I picked up this belt bag on Amazon this year to try out the trend.  I love it and am definitely considering ordering another color or two to wear this Fall and Winter.  Can you believe they're only $8.98!?!  I love trying out trends with inexpensive Amazon finds.  I adore the black and have my eye on the hot pink, camel and black, black and white checkered and the orange  This bet bag has been around town and on all of our trips this Summer.  It has two pouches, 2 pockets and easily holds keys, a mini wallet, cell phone, lipstick and a small snack.  You can't beat the Amazon price! 



4 // Floral Dress

I love wearing dresses to church when it's get this hot.  This dress is a Knox Rose dress from Target last year.  I adore that line and their dresses.  I think I scooped up every one I could find last year.  Can't go wrong with added a coordinating headband, dressier sandals from TJ Maxx and Kate Spade studs.

5// Matching top & bottom

I picked up this outfit in purple and black last year.  It's so easy and so comfy.  I wear it often with bracelets, studs and birks.

These jelly bracelets are still such a hit!  I love them so much and so do everyone I've shared them with!  They'd be such a fun back to school gift for teachers the first week of school, friend gifts or party favors.  The price is amazing and the quality is, too! 

6 // Printed top & drawstring shorts Part 2

I love this combo.  GAP has great options for both.

7 // Short Sleeve Chambray

I don't think I've ever owned a short sleeved chambray shirt until now.  I found this while I was grocery shopping at Meijer (that seems to be my fashion theme lately for my stage of life) and I love it!  I wore it on our recent trip with black shorts and my black belt bag.

8 // Knotted headbands always and forever

I tried on this outfit before going out to dinner with friends and I asked Olive for fashion advice.  With or without the headband.  She said with so I didn't argue :)  This one is from Vineyard Vines.

BONUS:

If your pajama drawer could use a refresh, I have the perfect pajamas for you!!  They're $16.97 from Walmart and they are so nice.  The brand is Joyspun and they've got really affordable nightgowns with pockets and these button down pjs with pockets.  I own them in 3 prints.  I got these fruit pjs and was so impressed with the quality, the way they washed and the patterns that I ordered two more to update my pajama stash.  Here's the Walmart link: Joyspun PJs

I went to bed with wet hair and woke up to big hair and cute pjs :)


I hope this gives you some outfit ideas for yourself for the rest of Summer!

Do you have any go to outfit combinations like me?


4 comments:

  1. Love all of these! You have a great summer wardrobe. It's easy, but you still look put together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything from Joyspun...great quality for comfy pajamas. Love all your outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of these!! You look great. You really rock the headbands...I got several recently but my oval head does not make them look cute!! I still try occasionally anyway, haha.

    My go to this summer has been denim shorts and a tshirt with words/phrases...I got a cute new one that says "Raising Wildlife and Wildflowers #momofboth" that has been fun. I also like sundresses or a couple casual floral tops. My wish list would include print shorts with a plain top, maybe one like your periwinkle with the cute sleeves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, Happy Anniversary to you two!
    Sams always seems to have a great collection of clothes. I love the pretty sleeves on your top! Thank you for this post! You have given me so many great ideas. You look so darling in the knotted headband!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.