Monday, July 3, 2023

BLT Pasta Salad

I tried a new recipe for BLT Pasta Salad and it was a hit!  The perfect summer salad.  I loved it and so did my big kids.  I was shocked.  We had it for lunch several days in a row last week.  We got to use several things from our garden which made it extra fun.  I started with the recipe from @halfbakedharvest for BLT Pasta Salad and then customized her recipe to work with the ingredients I had on hand.  It turned out so yummy!


Dressing:

1/4 c sour cream

1/4 c Dukes mayo

1 T buttermilk

1 c fresh basil

3 green onions

2 t Worcestershire

1 t garlic salt

1 t onion flakes

salt and pepper to taste

 

Blend all ingredients until smooth.

 

 

Salad:

1 box of your favorite pasta noodle

small tomatoes

finely chopped lettuce

fresh corn on the cob

thick cut bacon

*purple onion would have also been delicious

 

I didn't want the salad to get soggy so we kept the ingredients separate until we were ready to eat.  I made one box of pasta and it lasted us for several lunches.  We kept the dressing in a separate bottle and each person customized their own salads each day with just the right amount of each ingredient.

I also grabbed this loaf of sourdough bread from Aldi on a whim and it was SO GOOD!  I toasted it in the oven each time we ate salads and we all loved it as a side with our salads.  Fletcher even loved dipping his toasted bread in the homemade salad dressing.


I hope you get a chance to try this delicious salad!



4 comments:

  1. That salad looks perfect for hot summer days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good! Unfortunately, I am the ONLY person in my family who likes pasta salads. I made one from Pioneer woman this weekend, thinking maybe kids would eat it now that they are young adults. Nope! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks and sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks and sounds amazing! I will have to try it sometime. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.