Monday, July 27, 2020

16 Years Later

Happy Monday!  I hope you had a great weekend.  We celebrated our 16th anniversary with all of our favorite things - our kids, dinner out, babysitters and fun times.

It's hard to believe we're already at the 16 year mark.

We have lived a lot of life together, but somehow it seems like just yesterday we were saying I do.  My favorite moment from our wedding day was walking out to a rose petal shower.


We both agree - we bring out the best in each other.  I help him organize and plan to make his days go smoother.  He helps me relax, have fun and go on adventures together.  I keep track of everything and everyone at home.  He works so hard every day as a psychologist and then comes home to love on our crazy crew.  We're a good team.

Life is better together!

Kevin has made it his anniversary tradition to get me pink roses.  And in his typical deal loving way, he found a coupon, a sale and arranged the flowers himself so that they were beautiful, but didn't break the bank.

We now own his and hers rocking chairs.  They're our favorite.  I bought one for myself and we were always going for the same chair.  It's our favorite baby snuggling, reading and kid watching spot.

We were surprised with a fun airshow this weekend - sky divers, sky writing planes and this awesome jumper with a giant American flag.  It was so cool to watch from our driveway.

I booked our favorite babysitters (that we haven't used since February) and left all three kids home for a couple of hours.  I was apprehensive about leaving Leo, but he did great.  We talked, ran some errands and enjoyed a delicious dinner out.

Our idea of a delicious dinner couldn't be more different - Ahi Tuni & Fettuccine Alfredo.

We also agreed to no gifts - just cards.  Kevin ignored that plan and got me another surprise.  He searched high and low, read reviews and picked out the cutest pair of sunnies for me.  I love them!  And they fit my giant head.  It's hard to find sunglasses for myself so I was really impressed with his surprise shopping this year.  Aren't they cute!?!

Tell me something fun you did this weekend in the comments.

5 comments:

  1. Happy 16th Anniversary! I'm so glad you were able to enjoy a date night - and I'm guessing the alfredo was your choice? :) Love those sunglasses on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, happy anniversary! Love the chairs, roses, and sunglasses! Kevin did good!! :) You two are such a cute pair! Glad you got to have an evening out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get those chairs? I love the roses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We found those rocking chairs at Sams. They had them this Spring and then restocked for Fall. We love them.

      Delete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.