Monday, June 17, 2019

Father's Day: Member-Guest, Date Nights and Milestones

We had a busy, fun Father's Day weekend.

Kevin's parents came in town for three days and the guys competed in our club's Member-Guest golf tournament.  It's a ton of golf in a couple of days, but it's easily one of our favorite events of the summer.  The guys golf, get golf swag and the ladies enjoy some fancy dinners and get togethers.  Win-win.  My MIL always helps with yard projects so I look forward to that.

Thursday:

The theme this year was College Days so we did our best to represent Notre Dame.  A friend and I double booked the same babysitter so we ended up combining kids at their house and going out to dinner together. 

The food and drinks are always AMAZING.

The guys played 2 rounds of 9 the first day and won a cash prize for coming in #1 in their flight.


I stopped in TJ Maxx a couple days ago and hit the jackpot!!  They had so many cute things.  I found this dress on clearance and this cute straw circle bag.  I loved both of them!


Friday:
The boys golfed 3 rounds of 9 holes and came home exhausted.  We picked up pizza and relaxed.  The girls worked hard on things around the house and stopping in at garden centers.  We picked out two new butterfly bushes!  We also showed Kevin's mom around to some of our favorite spots.


We also found a bench and cushions to add to our deck.


Saturday:
Complete rain out!!  Boo!!

The boys woke up extra early to hurry to the club in the hopes that they'd get to play 9 and make the playoffs.  But the weather was terrible.  Storms and rain ALL day.  They called off all play except for the top three teams.  We were hoping to head to the ladies brunch and swim, but had to cancel.  The guys headed home and we improvised with indoor activities.  The ropes course was fun :)


The weather cleared a bit in time for dinner!  Babysitters arrived and we headed out.  Hooray for 2 date nights in a week!!  I found this cute top at TJ Maxx, too.


Lots of yummy food again.

You know you're a parent when... you send goofy pictures of yourself to the babysitter to check in :)  I don't like lobster so Kevin got double lobster.

The guys won two cash prizes and had a good time.  They wished they could have gotten in their last two rounds, but I guess that's just golf.

Sunday:
Father's Day morning we all woke up and got ready to celebrate Kevin.  He opened gifts - all his favorite things - Vineyard Vines, a yard game, a coffee cup and coffee money.  He's responsible most of the fun and adventure in our family and goes out of his way to make us all feel loved.

We headed to church and heard a great Father's Day sermon.

We came home and ate lunch.  Mid-lunch Olive says, "I think I just lost my tooth!"  I looked and confirmed a missing tooth.  We thought she swallowed it, but it ended up being on the floor.  We were all in shock and it kind of scared her at first.  She went to check things out in the mirror.  Although her bottom teeth had been loose, I didn't think they were quite ready to fall out.  What a surprise!  It felt like a big kid milestone for all of us.  Tooth fairy here we come!!  

And since we're talking about so much golf, I had to dig up this picture from us from high school.  Maybe 1999ish.  I've been watching Kevin golf for 20 years and I love it.  It's so fun to be in his gallery and cheer him on :)  I used to tag along in high school completely clueless about the game.  A friend and I would swing by Sonic for milkshakes and then head to the golf course. I didn't know much about the game; I just knew I wanted to be there support Kevin. Same story today!  Love this guy!

How was your Father's Day weekend??

6 comments:

  1. I love that golf is such a big part of your family too. This coming up weekend is the MEn's Club Championship at our home course and Ian gets to play in it with Ben. They are both so excited! I have been watching Ben play golf for about 20 years, as well. It never gets old. However, I have had to learn more about the game with 2 big golfers in the family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the high school picture of you and Kevin. I didn't know you were high school sweethearts! The guys fit in lots of golf, despite the rain. Happy Father's Day to them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last picture is the BEST Whitney! I love how long you two have been together!!!
    And what a FUN busy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are as cute now as you were in high school. God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun fun weekend! And yay for a first tooth lost! What a milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to Olive on losing her first tooth! Looks like it was a good Father's Day weekend. I just learned the basics of golf a couple years ago. I'd never join a team or tournament but like playing for fun.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.