Friday, October 12, 2018

Apples, Pumpkins, Fall Break & Pie Oh My!

Happy Friday!!  It's been a fun week at our house and today kicks off Fall Break!!  Hooray for 4 days off of school together.  It's homecoming weekend and it should be gorgeous fall weather.  We are hosting a tailgate party for Kevin's students, going to enjoy some of the homecoming festivities and my parents are coming in town on Saturday.

The best parts of our week were:

// Apple picking //
We loved it so much that we went back for the 2nd time in just a couple of weeks.  This time the Golden Delicious apples were ready to pick.  We stocked up on 20lbs of apples and a couple of pumpkins.  It took the kids no time at all to grab the apples.  We love going to the orchard so much.  If you've got an orchard near you, go apple picking ASAP!!







// Apple Pie //
The kids helped me make a delicious apple pie.  It turned out so pretty!

// Leather Earrings //
I've been a big fan of leather earrings for at least a year.  They're so light weight.  You really forget you're wearing them.  My favorite earring shop ADVdesigns is having a 30% off sale now through Sunday.  Hurry and stock up on some cute new colors for Fall.  I can't wait to get my order!!  They've got animal print, Fall colors, sports, florals and more.

// Fall TV //
What are you watching on TV this Fall??  Thanks to my DVR, I'm watching The Voice, Dallas Cowboy's Cheerleaders Making the Team, and Manifest!!  They're all so good.  I've only watched the first couple episodes of Manifest, but I'm hooked.  They're high drama and so many different story lines going on.  I'd highly recommend it!!

// Fishy News //
Ralphy the Beta is alive and doing great.  The kids love watching him swim.  The cats ignore him.

// Halloween Time //
Our house is all decorated for Halloween!  I did a whole Halloween Home Tour on Monday.

// Lantana //
Our Lantana plants are going crazy!!  They're so beautiful right now.  The just love the colors and can't believe this giant plant started out at two tiny little plants back in the Spring.  I'm definitely planting more of this next year.

// Dinner Time //
Kevin has been doing something fun with the kids while I cook dinner ever night.  I love cooking and I love cooking alone :)  It's chaos trying to cook with helpers.  It's sweet to see the fun they're having together.  I think it's a good stress relief for all of them.

// Apple Cheddar Salad //
I made this salad four times this week!!  It was SO GOOD.  I made my own dressing and shared several other favorite Fall recipes on Wednesday.

// Pumpkin Science //
I signed Fletcher up for the our regular science class at the museum.  It was really fun!  He looked so handsome in his white lab coat and safety goggles.  They floated, measured, made pumpkin slime, oobleck, blew pumpkin bubbles and had a blast with friends.




// Duplo Firetrucks //
I signed Fletcher up for his first solo Duplo class.  He has tagged along to Olive's classes for years, but not it was his turn.  It was only fitting that it was firetrucks.  He was so excited. 



Two years ago... baby Fletcher tagging along to Olive's Duplo class :)
 
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!

Linking up with My Glittery Heart

6 comments:

  1. What a fantastic week!! Jon has been wanting to try Manifest - hopefully we can give it a go soon. Your lantana plant is sooo pretty. I’ve already made a note to plant some next year 👍🏻 Have a great weekend! Looking forward to seeing pics on IG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of Aaron‘s favorite desserts I make apple pie… I haven’t made one in forever… I may have to change that this weekend! I am obsessed with ADV Designs’ earrings… Thinking I will need to stock up on a few pairs! Hope you have the best fall & football weekend with your fam!🍁🍂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lantana must really love the spot that it's in...looks gorgeous! Hope y'all have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is Fletcher in his lab coat and safety glasses??? He's precious. I'm so glad you've enjoyed your apple picking trips this fall...and your pie looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m making that salad this weekend and I can’t wait. Thanks for the ADV tip. I am also obsessed with leather earrings and have bought about 10 pairs from her! Have a great weekend!
    Amy
    www.coffeeandcocktailsatthecasa.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Apple picking is so much fun! I wish we had orchards around here.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.