Monday, October 1, 2018

Weekend Roadtrip

Happy October!!  The kids and I headed out of town this weekend.  Kevin was in Seattle visiting some friends so we decided to head out, too.  We left right after school on Friday and tried to zoom down to see my parents.  It's just a two hour drive that we make regularly.  The kids almost always do really well so I wasn't worried about the drive at all.  Turns out that kids like to keep you humble.

We made two potty stops, had one major car sick episode which resulted in me having to make another stop to give Fletcher a complete wet wipe bath and outfit change, our exit was closed, we almost hit a hawk, almost got hit by flying debris off of a work truck and home never looked so good 2.5 hours later.  I was just glad we finally made it.  I'm excited to show you the highlights of our weekend.  Just keep in mind that we had a rough car trip, the kids didn't sleep great and solo parenting is hard.  The trip wasn't all sunshine and roses, but there were far more happy moments than hard ones.


The best parts of our weekend:
 
 The weather was gorgeous!!

These two kept me on my toes.

Slumber party with mom in my hot pink childhood bedroom.

 My sister made the yummiest breakfast for us on Saturday.

We played outside and visited with her chickens.  Fletcher is a huge fan of chickens.




We went over to our friend's house for a pumpkin play date.  The kids loved it and I loved catching up with Jacque.


My mom cooked several delicious meals for us.  They were excited to show us their new grill.  Fletcher asked for burgers for the rest of the weekend.

Fletcher turned 2 1/2 on Saturday.  My dad offered to feed him his pumpkin cake since it was messy.  He was not a fan (cue the tears).  Good thing he recovered quickly.


We went on a walk and got to meet the friendly neighborhood donkey.  Her name is Divinity and she was thrilled to have visitors.  The kids fed her carrots and biscuits.  They're already asking to go back.





We got to go to church with my parents.

I was thrilled to make a quick stop in Target and then have pizza on the patio at MOD Pizza.


Olive's favorite spot at my parent's house is their porch swing.  She's a fan.

The cousin crew came over for lunch!  They always have the best time together.

I'm worn out from a busy weekend.  Hoping to catch up on rest this week :) 

Hope you had a great weekend!!

11 comments:

  1. So glad y’all had a great weekend even with a rocky start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl. WHAT A ROAD TRIP. I have totally been there and you are amazing for pushing through and making the best of the weekend!!! You packed in so many fun things and I know your kids had a BLAST. So glad you are home safe and sound! Here's a to a chill, uneventful week after your jam-packed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man road trips can be full of memories ;) but it looks like you had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of great memories made on your road trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great weekend! And you're a trooper traveling 2 hours solo with those kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks and sounds like you had a fun weekend..Especially enjoyed the chicken pictures and the donkey..Such fun times for kids..

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great weekend! I love the loads of family time you guys got.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you had an awesome weekend filled with family time!!! Cudos for being that brave mom and driving with two kids alone!!! Everyone thinks my sister is crazy for doing it but I really appreciate getting to see the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you all had this weekend to yourselves and was able to squeeze in some family time. We love a good road trip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like so much fun minus the car ride! Glad you were able to make the best of it all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had a great trip!!! My daughter gets car sick too... it's the worst! Hope you have another great weekend! If you'd like to say hello, pop over to my blog!

    https://www.confessionsofanorthernbelle.com/2018/10/friday-favorites-131/

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.