Monday, October 22, 2018

Edible Pumpkin Patch

Happy Monday!!  Hope you had a nice weekend.  We enjoyed some really nice weather, great football games, chili, went to the pumpkin patch and hung out with friends.  We all seem to be fighting off Fall colds, but we didn't let that stop us from having fun.  

My friend Crystal (@hallaroundtexas) posted the cutest edible pumpkin patch last week on instagram and I knew I had to do it with my kids!  I adapted the recipe a bit to work with the items I already had in my pantry.  They turned out great and the kids loved them!!


Supplies:
2 bowls
2 chocolate snack packs
2 fudge stripe cookies
1 ziploc bag
Halloween sprinkles
Halloween pumpkins
2 spoons


Set up a station and get busy growing pumpkins.  Scoop the pudding into the bowls and flatten it.


Put the cookies into the ziploc bag and smash them with something heavy.  We used a mason jar, but you could easily break them up with your hands inside the bag.

Use your "shovels"/spoons to scoop out the "fertilizer"/cookies onto the dirt.  My kids thought it was hilarious to be pumpkin farmers :)

Add some "pumpkin seeds"/sprinkles.  Close your eyes. Say some silly magic growing words and top their "dirt" with candy pumpkins.  Open their eyes and voila!!  Pumpkins :)


Such a delicious, fun Halloween treat.  It would be perfect for a class party since many schools now require that all treats be store bought treats.

Would your family enjoy making these??

It really is the most wonderful time of the year!!

9 comments:

  1. That is an absolutely adorable idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the BEST idea!!! My girls would not only love eating this desert… But they would have an absolute ball making it!! Thanks for this awesome idea friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! It just so happens I have all these ingredients around the house. I think I'll make these for the kids tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, yours came out so great and look absolutely delicious! Little pumpkin farmers…SO cute! I love how you did this with the kids and using the sprinkles as pumpkin seeds. You are so creative! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An edible pumpkin patch! What a fun and yummy idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun snack that is!! My girls would flip!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a fun dessert to serve for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.