Friday, August 24, 2018

Happy Friday!!

Happy Friday!!  Hope you've had a nice week.  It's been a good one at our house.  I feel like we are in a good routine with school, we got to spend a lot of time outside and see several friends this week.  We didn't do anything super exciting, but the normal days together are some of my favorite.

The best parts of our week were:

Indiana State went back to school this week.  It's hard to believe Kevin is starting his fourth year there.  It feels good to be putting down roots somewhere after so many years on the move.  The kids were excited to bring a picnic to his office and pose with one of the painted coke bottles around town.  I also helped Kevin do a complete office overhaul and organize this summer.  He got new furniture, new organizers and his office is looking great.

Fall colors!  I wore this top three different times this week because I love it so much.  Head to Old Navy to find it and I wear my ADVdesigns leather earrings every single day.  They are my must have accessory right now.

We walk Olive to and from the bus stop every day.  We love to send her off with some smiles and a prayer to have a great day.  She has taken over the duties of pushing Fletcher.  They both love it!  And it's been cool enough for a jacket in the mornings!

Fletcher came strolling out of Sunday School with a crown this week.  It said "God's Way is perfect." 2 Samuel 22:31.  He was so proud of it and it made me so proud to see him loving Sunday School.  If you remember he cried and cried at drop off and now he runs in to his teachers without even saying goodbye :)

Have you ever tried Outshine fruit popsicles??  They are AMAZING.  My kids can't get enough of them and pick them for an after dinner treat most nights.  They come in tons of flavors.

I made my first pumpkin treat this week.  These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are AMAZING!!  They're like fluffy little pillows of cookie goodness.  I made two batches this week and Olive is requesting more.  They're so good!!

Olive seems so grown up since she started kindergarten.  The other night she asked me if there was anything she could help me with after dinner.  I told her I just needed to get the dishes done.  She said, "Why don't you just teach me how to do the dishes??"  So I did!  It took twice as long for me to teach her instead of doing them myself.  BUT it was totally worth it.  She was SO PROUD to help.  She went on to tell me that her teacher told them to look for ways to help out around the house.

Sending Kevin off to school on his first day.  Thumbs up looks a little different when you are two :)

Our Butterfly Bushes are growing like crazy!!  It has been so fun to watch all the butterfly visitors stop by our yard this week.  This one was really friendly.

Fletcher had his first bike wreck this week.  He rides fast and sometimes forgets to watch where he's going.  We promptly headed to the store to buy him a real helmet.  He's so proud.  It's fun to see him biking, pedaling and looking like a big boy.  We have all been biking in the evenings and my legs are sore to prove it.

Olive came home with this self portrait surprise.  She's got a lot of personality!!  She also asked if sometimes I'd call her Sparkle instead of Olive :)

I ordered my first Vine and Branches art work.  It's so neat!  I've loved this sign for a long time.  It's in our family room and I can't wait to add some more pieces to my collection.  I love the idea that home is our favorite place to be.  It's something I work really hard to make sure that home is a retreat, our go to spot and a place we all feel comfortable and loved.  I want my kids to grow up loving to be home and sharing our home with others.  I hope they always think IT'S SO GOOD TO BE HOME even when they are grown.

We had a cookout with our neighbors this week.  Their cat had kittens and my kids are dying for one.  I keep reminding them that we have two cats and a fish.  They're not convinced that three is too many.  I'm happy to have them be kitten cuddlers!

This week on Polka-Dotty Place:


Monday: August/September Goals
Tuesday: 2018 Air Show
Wednesday: Late Summer Outfit Inspiration

Hope you have a great weekend, too!!



Linking up with My Glittery Heart

4 comments:

  1. I love that Olive's teacher is encouraging the students to help out a home! What a positive influence!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great week. I haven't had those Outshine pops in such a long time. I forgot how tasty they are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun roundup from your week! I'm so glad Olive is loving school and that Fletcher enjoys his class at church. I know that has to put your Mama heart at ease! How sweet of Olive...I mean Sparkle ;) ...to help with the dishes! Love that. Your new top from Old Navy is perfect for the transition season, and I loved your tip the other day to grab something full price from ON if you really love it. I had my eye on a shirt dress and was waiting for it to go on sale, and it sold out before that happened. I'll remember that next time! :) Hope you're enjoying your weekend! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't this old Navy top the best? It will look great for fall paired with mustard and works with white pants just as well. I've been wearing it like crazy.

    Shelly | The Queen in Between

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.