Tuesday, August 14, 2018

$40 Dollar Tree Haul

Are you a fan of Dollar Tree?

I don't go into Dollar Tree super regularly.  I try to go several times a year to stock up on favorites.  Maybe once or twice every season??  Well, I stopped in last week and am excited to share some great finds with you today.  They definitely have great deals and fun seasonal things.  I just don't think I could see myself going in to shop there weekly or monthly.  Here's what I bought:

Pumpkins.
The Fall decor was out in full force!  I love their glazed pumpkins.  This has got to be the third or fourth year of them and each year I add a couple more to my collection.  Last year the metallic pumpkins sold out really quickly.  I grabbed 4 favorites to add to my pumpkin patch this year.  Be sure to check the pumpkins for chips and imperfections to find the best ones.

Hair Accessories.
I don't think I've ever purchased hair accessories at Dollar Tree until now.  They had a huge display by the back to school supplies that caught my eye.  Olive loves wearing these metal clips and I picked up some pony tail holders for myself.  The quality seemed pretty good and I loved that the hair clips came in pairs.  Can't wait to try all of these out.

We also picked up two Magic Towels.  Lightning McQueen and Cinderella.  I surprised the kids with them at bath time and they were so excited.  I think they'd be a fun addition to a party treat bag, give out for Halloween or add to an operation Christmas Child box.  I'll probably pick up some other characters next time I'm in the store.  My kids love using the character wash cloths.

Note cards.
I stocked up big time on thank you notes and blank note cards.  There were so many cute options.  I think all cards were six packs and really cute designs.  Cannot beat 6 for $1.

Food Storage Containers.
We love to bake for Olive's teacher and bus driver so I stocked up on a variety of sizes big enough for cookies.  I tried out three different ones and will go back for more once we decide on a favorite size.  I think these will do well to protect any baked treats on her trip to school.

BINGO.
They had these really cute travel games.  All three are two sided and look like so much fun.  I love that they had a picture to go with the words so that younger kids could join in the fun even if they aren't able to read yet.  I think I'd just pass the cards out to my kids and we'd talk through the game instead of doing dry erase markers.  I think they'd be a little too messy for little kids and probably perfect for older kids.  I am saving these in my basket of fun road trip activities.

Water.
I picked up two more Water Blasters.  They're the best water guns for kids.  I also got a squeegee in the hopes of washing some of my windows.  I'll let you know how that goes.

There was plenty of Halloween, Fall floral, Thanksgiving meal paper goods and burlap pumpkins.  I noticed the glazed ceramic pumpkins were going quickly, but everything else was really well stocked.  It seemed too early/too hot to be shopping for Thanksgiving.




 Found anything good at Dollar Tree lately??

10 comments:

  1. Good finds!! I like looking around dollar tree too. They have such s great candy aisle - often times variety I don’t see any where else. We found ice cream flavored mike n Ike’s recently. I need to pop in to check out fall. I love the items you found!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Dollar Tree! I buy my gift bags (most come in packs of two depending on size), batteries, toothpaste, bathroom wipes, paper clips, binder clips, tests, air fresheners, cleaners..anything I can to save money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds! I love the pumpkins and the car bingo games. I think I may run down there today :-) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great finds. This sounds like a shopping stop I need to make when the kids go back to school this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good stuff! I used to only pop in the Dollar Tree when I needed organizational bins, but I find myself there more often these days. You found some really cute thank you notes and cards! I agree, it's hard to shop for fall in the heat of summer. Those little pumpkins are some of my favorites too! I found a few of the cream ones with gold stems that I think will be perfect for fall table settings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Dollar Tree! The road games look like fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got some good stuff! Love the pumpkins. We went on Monday and our store was a complete mess. They had nothing fall-ish yet. Such a bummer. I will have to go back after school starts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I pop by Dollar Tree monthly or almost monthly. Chalk it up to limited shopping options! I get cheap holiday fun decor like 4th of July pinwheels/necklaces/etc. for the kids to play with and waer to parades, etc., and I keep a little basket of random Dollar Tree surprises to pop out when needed for the kiddos. Maybe when they just need a little something fun on a weekend afternoon, sometimes to bust out on a car ride, sometimes I tuck something away in a side pocket of my bag and it saves the day in waiting room, etc. It's often the seasonal offerings of small toys, mini flashlights, magic towels, etc. and they have a FANTASTIC small battery powered car that runs into things and flips over to keep roaring around the room. Needless to say, Tell LOVES it. (they have it at the kid's preschool, that's where I learned about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great haul! I need to remember to pick up thank you cards the next time I'm there. I'm about out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Dollar Tree though I don't go that often here. I save my gas receipts and track my mileage for each tank. I found a really awesome purple, kitten pencil pouch that I'm using for receipts now, haha.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.