Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Tuesday Talk: Oatmeal Scotchies Cookie Swap

I'm excited to share a new cookie recipe with you today.  I tested it out a few weeks ago and my family loved them.  I love butterscotch chips and they always remind me of my mom.  I don't cook with them often and I'm not sure why that is.  I made some changes to this recipe from Averie Cooks to come up with the following recipe for Oatmeal Scotchies.

Ingredients:
1 egg
1/2 c room temp butter
1/2 c brown sugar
1/4 c granulated sugar
1 T vanilla
1 1/2 c quick cook oats
3/4 c flour
2 t cinnamon
3/4 t nutmeg
1/2 t baking soda
pinch of salt
1 heaping cup of butterscotch chips (or any other chips)

Combine egg, butter, sugar, vanilla and cream together.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add in the dry ingredients.
Save the chips for last.
Tip: Keep a small handful of chips out of the mix and then put them into the cookie dough balls before your refrigerate them.  This will help your cookies to be prettier when they bake and the chips to stand out.

Refrigerate dough for at least 3 hours.
I did mine overnight.  It's easiest if you scoop your dough out into balls prior to refrigerating them.

Preheat oven to 350 and bake 9-10 minutes.
You may want to flatten your dough balls out a bit prior to baking and then let them cool on the warm cookie sheet.  They should look a little glossy when you take them out of the oven.  Be sure not to over bake them or they will be crunchy cookies instead of chewy.





Here are a few of my other favorite cookie recipes:
Dark Chocolate Bites


Amazing Brownie Cookies


Butterfinger Cookies
 

Monster Cookies


It's time to link up with my favorite ladies this week.
Keri - Living In This Season  ~ Christina - Waltzing In Beauty
Lauren - Simply Free ~  Becky - BYBMG
Jess and Katie - Sweet Little Ones ~ Whitney - Polka Dotty Place
Laura - Life Is Beautiful ~ Elizabeth - All Kinds Of Things
Sarah - Abiding In Grace ~ Stephanie - Wife Mommy Me



Michelle - Grammie Time // Beth - Our Pretty Little Girls // Elizabeth - All Kinds Of Things // Stephanie - Wife Mommy Me // Christina - Waltzing In Beauty // Becky - BYBMG //  Lauren - Simply Free // Sarah - Abiding In Grace // Keri - Living In This Season // Laura - Life Is Beautiful // Jess & Katie - Sweet Little Ones // Whitney - Polka Dotty Place

Join us with your favorite COOKIE RECIPE or your favorite post of the week.
Be sure to hop around and check out all of the other cookie recipes.
We had 168 people link up with us last week!!

Polka-Dotty Place

7 comments:

  1. Ooh, Whitney, those scotchies look super delicious! Man, this link-up is making me want to bake cookies nonstop for weeks on end! I love cookies with oats & I love butterscotch chips, so these look pretty perfect :) Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy!!! These look so good as it has been so long since I've made them. Always a hit!! This is such a fun link up, especially with the cookie swap!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! Great idea putting the chips on top to make them look pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love butterscotch chips! I cannot wait to make these. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good! A favorite around these parts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy! My post wasn't technically a cookie, but treats are treats right? ;) Can't wait to get some new cookie recipes in my book!

    Mariah
    www.faithandfashionblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boy I wish I had some butter scotch chips right about now :).

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.