Monday, November 9, 2015

November Goals & Family Fun

November is one of my favorite months of the year because my birthday happens to fall mid month on the 16th :)  I always look forward to Fall festivities, my birthday and Thanksgiving break.  It's a good time to have a birthday and kick off the holiday season.

Goals for November:
1. Finish my Christmas shopping.
Last year I completed my shopping by December first and I'd love to do the same this year.  It's fun to focus hard on it this month, make lists to keep track of everything and then just enjoy the month of December.  I wrap gifts in December, bake treats and attend fun holiday plans - but very little shopping takes place and it's wonderful.
2. Make sure we have a great Christmas card picture and start planning our cards.
I always order mine during the super sale around Thanksgiving.  The price can't be beat.
3. Find Olive a pediatrician in our new city and schedule her 2.5 well check
I got some recommendations from friends so that should help
4. Clean out our medicine cabinet, linen closet and toss as much as possible
5. Read 1-2 books for fun
6. Update Olive's closet - take out summery items and replace them with Fall/Winter
7. Find Olive some winter shoes and let her help pick them out so she'll wear them.
8. Reorganize/tidy up our garage/storage unit.
It's gotten kind of messy so it would be nice to clean out, throw out and reorganize everything a bit.
9. Write out our Christmas wish lists
10. Take Olive for walks during the day.
We don't live on a great street for walking (no sidewalks & a busy road) so I'd like to make more of an effort to go other places in the city to walk.


Family Fun for November:
1. Make some pies - pecan & apple for sure.
2. Play dates with friends
3. Get a family pass to our local Children's Museum
4. Watch a lot of football and eat good football food
5. Head to Southern Indiana for Thanksgiving break
6. Have lunch with Kevin once or twice during the work week
7. Make a Thanksgiving Feast for our little family the week after Thanksgiving.  
We always travel on Thanksgiving so we've started having our own little Thanksgiving dinner the week following Thanksgiving.
8. Have a backyard bonfire and make s'mores.

What are you up to this month?
Do we have any of the same goals?

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like November will be filled with lots of fun things!! :) Love the idea of having a Thanksgiving dinner at your own house - we are always gone for the holidays too visiting family so I may have to start doing this! And so impressed by your early Christmas shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy reading through your goals. I am with you about getting that shopping complete. I like to do some shopping in December but just picking up extra goodies. I love getting to look at all the Christmas decorations in the stores and not having to stress over HAVING to find a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you're going to have a great month! We cleaned out our garage and it's been so wonderful! Now to clean up the storage room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your goals! Where do you usually order your cards from?!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.