Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Recipe Club: Hearty Chili Soup

 
The chili recipe I'm sharing with you today is our current favorite.  It's based on my MIL's chili recipe and then I added in several more things.  I love to squeeze as many veggies into our chili as possible so here's my recipe.

 1 yellow onion
1 green pepper
1 orange pepper
*all finely chopped

1 diced tomato or can of diced tomatoes
1 lb cooked ground chicken
1 can tomato soup
1 can water
1 T sugar
2 T chili powder
1 large can Brooks Quick Cook Chili Beans*
* I had a hard time finding the Brooks brand in the South, but it seems to be plentiful in the Midwest.  Substitute for another similar quick cook chili beans if you can't find it.

Combine all ingredients and let simmer for at least one hour.
The longer it cooks the better it tastes.

Top with sour cream, sharp cheddar cheese and Fritos.

Picture directions:






This recipe isn't the easiest to include your kids on so I opted to entertain my toddler with a wide variety of kitchen tools.  She was fascinated by the can opener :)

We love having this chili soup for game day meals!
It's so easy to make ahead and then everyone can serve themselves during the game.

Burgers are always a hit when we're watching games.
My husband grills and I make some yummy sides.
Raspberries & homemade sweet potato chips for the win today!!
I just wash, peel and evenly slice the sweet potatoes.
Bake them at 425 for 20 minutes, flip them over and bake for another 10 or so minutes.  Salt when they come out of the oven and they are so tasty! 

I hope you have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving surrounded by those you love most.
I'm thankful for you and always appreciate your love for my blog.
I'm signing off for the rest of the week to enjoy my family, some delicious food 
and maybe even a little shopping.
See you back here on Monday :)


Linking up for Recipe Club with Momfessionals today

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I hope y'all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. It is muggy and rainy here so we are all staying in-which is fine by me. I hope to get this Christmas tree up over the weekend. I wish someone could put it all up and hang the lights. I can handle the decorating part...lol
    See you back on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good and I love the sweet potato chips on the side! Also, I need your chopping skills. I always end up with giant chunks of bell peppers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm this sounds amazing. I also LOVE that last photo. Such a sweet family shot.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.