Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Tuesday Talk: The Perfect Chicken Noodle Soup

I have been making Chicken Noodle Soup for years,
but have just recently come up with the PERFECT recipe.
It's easy and so delicious.
So delicious that we've had it 3 or 4 times in the last month.
My husband requests it all the time - the recipe is a keeper and so is he.


Ingredients:
1 heaping cup of chopped celery
1/2 finely chopped yellow onion
1 heaping cup chopped carrot circles
1 can Tyson chicken
 1/2 bag of frozen egg noodles
3 T Better Than Bouillon Paste
6 cups water
salt and pepper to taste


These two ingredients make the biggest difference in the soup.  The frozen noodles taste homemade and the flavoring of the Better Than Bouillon is amazing.  Don't skip out on these two things!

 Whitney's TIPS: Chop veggies keeping the celery and carrots about the same size so they cook evenly.  Combine all ingredients in a large soup pot and let cook for at least 30 minutes.  The egg noodles absorb a lot of liquid so I usually make this recipe in two batches so it tastes really fresh instead of one giant batch of soup.  The recipe above makes 8 large bowls of soup and I just add some more water + Better Than Bouillon to the left over soup to refresh it.


This recipe isn't the easiest for toddlers to help with so I set up a little baking station for Olive.  She had measuring cups of all sizes that entertained her and made her feeling like we were cooking together.  I chopped all the veggies by her and she kept saying "We baking together!"


It's time to link up with my favorite ladies this week!
We had 155 people link up with up last week for the cookie swap.
Join us by linking up your favorite post.
Keri - Living In This Season  ~ Christina - Waltzing In Beauty
Lauren - Simply Free ~  Becky - BYBMG
Jess and Katie - Sweet Little Ones ~ Whitney - Polka Dotty Place
Laura - Life Is Beautiful ~ Elizabeth - All Kinds Of Things
Sarah - Abiding In Grace ~ Stephanie - Wife Mommy Me
Polka-Dotty Place

8 comments:

  1. I saw the Pioneer Woman recommended those noodles. I need to keep my eye out for them! Because those are my favorite kind of noodle for noodle soup. So yummy!! Definitely doing this recipe soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband loves chicken noodle soup, so I might have to try and make this for him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE chicken noodle soup so I've pinned for later. I've never seen that paste before, I'll have to see if I can find it. Does it store well? Do you think the frozen noodles is important or can I boil my own? Thanks for sharing! I always love your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love egg noodles, but I've never seen the frozen ones! I will look for those at Ingles and definitely give them a try. You can't beat homemade chicken soup, and yours looks amazing!

    http://comehomeforcomfort.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a good recipe to have on hand as it gets colder and the cold/flu season starts up! There is nothing better than some homemade chicken noodle soup when you don't feel good! Thanks for sharing such an easy and yummy recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chicken Noodle Soup is so great this time of year and yours looks delicious! Thanks for sharing!!

    xo - Brenda // Chatting Over Chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a favorite winter soup for us too. I buy the rotisserie chicken from the store when I'm to lazy to stew my own.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sitting here with a sore throat thinking that I could totally go for some soup. This looks great.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.