Friday, November 6, 2015

The Highlights

Happy Friday to you!  We were in kind of a post Halloween slump this week with far too much candy, adjusting to the time change and trying unsuccessfully to finalize some plans for this month.  We are also working hard to make the most of the college football season and planning some delicious game day food.  Hard to believe it's wrapping up because we so enjoy this time of year.  The weather was lovely which made it possible to grill out again and we started getting excited for things this month - my birthday, Thanksgiving and working on making new friends.

The best parts of our week were:
1. I've been craving cake like crazy this week so I finally caved and made my favorite.  Chocolate used to be my go to flavor, but I almost always go for Funfetti these days!  I make the boxed cake mix with homemade buttercream icing and it's the perfect combo.  They were delicious and didn't last long :)

 2. Do you ever check out Wal-Mart's accessory section?  I have been really impressed lately and they clearance things out regularly.  I picked up this pair of earrings because they met my requirements - pretty, light and unique.  I can't wait to wear them and they were only $3!

 3. Our most exciting news of the week was sharing with everyone that baby #2 is a BOY!  Olive lovingly refers to him as "baby brudder" and occasionally sister.  We are excited to figure out the whole world of boys.  The grand kids on both of sides of our family are girl heavy so it's fun to be adding another little boy to the mix.  I picked up this cute striped fleece outfit at Sams for $7 and it says Handsome like Daddy on the pocket. 

 4. It's slipper wearing weather and I have slipper envy.  My MIL got these for Olive and they are so cute!  She loves wearing them.  I'm on the hunt for a great pair of slippers for myself.  Not really the Disney variety, but more moccasin like.  I don't want to spend a bundle - do you have a favorite slipper style or brand to share with me??

5. I've been putting more effort into making my lunches instead of just snacking around during the day.  I found that I was hungry and grumpy a lot of times in the afternoon and it was because I hadn't really eaten a good lunch.  So avocado toast with a hard egg on top and chicken salad lettuce wraps both with a side of fruit hit the spot this week :)  I am also working on drinking more water each day.
 

Any fun plans for your weekend?  
We are going to watch a lot of football and relax :)
 

12 comments:

  1. Congrats on the BOY!!! You'll have so much fun, and Olive will be a great big sister! Those cupcakes look delicious, and I'm a huge fan of the accessories section at Walmart! Love your find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It used to be that you couldn't hardly ever find anything worth purchasing in the jewelry section at Wal-mart, but I LOVE looking through their clearance section now and I've found some of my cutest accessories there. I also shock a lot of people when I tell them where it's from and how much I paid. Looks like you had a very exciting week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That avocado toast looks delightful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, congrats on the baby boy!!! I have one of each too (older girl and younger boy) and it's the best!! The little outfits you got are darling! And Olive's slippers - I want some! So cute. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. funfetti is my favorite!! always a good choice!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of those lunches look SO yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You lunches look delicious!! I found some fuzzy moccasins at Target a few years back and they have held up well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love reading your week is review! That cake looks oh so amazing. And so do your lunches. Do you just whip up chicken salad for lunch? Do you keep cooked chicken on hand? I *need* to make this. Would love your recipe!

    Oh! I was pursuing the LL Bean catalog this AM and they've got some very cute slipper mods - always free shipping too, which is so nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO much to love here. Those cupcakes, I want one now please :). Your lunches look fantastic and we are huge fans on those slippers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always fix the best stuff. Your food ideas are amazing! Congrats again on baby brudder. So cute! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yum for your lunches!!! I keep eating toast with avocado and eggs! so good! and yeah for a boy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I buy moccasin style slippers from Target. You can normally get them on sale or find a coupon.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.