Monday, February 2, 2015

bareMinerals Believer

I know you've seen bareMinerals infomercials and have likely heard about their mineral make up.  Well, I'm here to give you MY honest review of their products today.

I was in the market for a new foundation last month and decided to give the whole bareMinerals system a try (primer, concealer, powder foundations and mineral veil).  I bought this get started kit from Sephora in fairly light and this concealer in light 1.  I was thrilled to get smaller sizes of everything I wanted in a set for $49 instead of buying full sized products.  The Get Started Kit also comes with a mirrored case so you can organize all your products.  This organizer LOVED that feature.  I was also interested in trying their blushes and eye shadows, but decided to keep things simple at first.

I chose not to order through the bareMinerals website because the items I wanted to ordered required me to sign up for reoccurring shipments/payments each month.  I only wanted to pay once to try it out and wasn't interested in signing my life away.  Plus, when you order through Sephora you earn points towards bonuses and get to pick three free samples of new products to try with every order.  Shipping is also free if your order is over $50.  No brainer.

I've been wearing it for almost two weeks
and I'll probably NEVER WEAR ANOTHER FOUNDATION!

I am a bareMinerals groupie, super fan and supporter for life!!

PROS:
The make-up is so easy to apply, covers really well and seriously feels like you are wearing no make-up.  It is a very quick process to apply the make-up once your primer dries.  Your make up looks almost airbrushed, light and perfect on your skin as long as you pick the right color.  The finish is amazing and you don't have to worry about any lines or blending issues you get from liquid foundations.  My make-up looks great ALL day.  I rarely touch it up and it DOES NOT WEAR OFF throughout the day.  I have allergies and have had a cold since Christmas and I'm here to tell you that even after a day of nose blowing the make up still looks great.  How is that even possible??  Who knows, but I'm a fan :)

CON:
It's hardly a con, but worth noting.  The powder can be a tiny bit messy so I don't get dressed before doing my make up anymore.  I stay in my pjs just in case any powder falls down on my shirt. 

I should also say that I don't have sensitive skin and my skin is really easy to manage.  I deal with oilness and the occasional break out.  My skin has agreed very well with bareMinerals and feels great.  I have always worn liquid foundation because I didn't want to cake on some powdery foundation.  It turns out that all powder foundations are not created equal and bareMinerals is amazing!!

My make up has never looked better
and here's the bathroom selfie proof:

Mascara only Whitney ------> A day of light make up
So easy, fast and looks great!!

 Dressing up a bit more:
A little more foundation gives you more coverage and looks GREAT!!
So happy with this finished look and it's very doable every day.


I am spreading the word about this wonderful product because I love it. I bought everything on my own and bareMinerals doesn't know that I exist.  I keep finding out more and more people use and LOVE bareMinerals - Tabitah, Sarah, Katie - and I'm sure there are more of you!!

What bareMinerals products do you LOVE???

4 comments:

  1. I started with BareMinerals and switched over to using ELF (Eyes Lips Face) products. They cost is about the same full-price so I usually stock up when there is a sale at ELF. I loved both, but have found the ELF ones to work better for me overall. Maybe I will try BareMinerals again just to check though! Thanks for sharing your opinion. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using mineral makeup for a year now and it is amazing. Mine comes from a woman who makes her own and has a small company called Mineral Way in Cullman Alabama. When you go in she will help you pick out everything, if you don't like a color you can take it back and she'll re-tint, and her kids are usually there after school. So you see exactly who your helping with your purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whitney, it was wonderful meeting you Saturday! I use BareMinerals foundation. It looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love bare minerals too! The powder makes it so much easier than foundation - and I'm lazy haha. Not to throw a wrench in anything - but at Sephora the lady put half of my face bare minerals and the other half the sephora brand mineral powder foundation, and we both liked the Sephora one better. I think it mostly had to do with skin tone - as a red head, things can be harder. So I wear the Sephora knock off bare minerals, but it's only one powder.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.