Tuesday, April 1, 2014

What Do I Do with OKRA????

Now that I live in the South,
I feel like I should eat okra and know how to fix it.
The problem is I HAVE NO CLUE what to do with it.

I purchased this container of it at the store 
and had a funny conversation with the two cashiers:
 Yum, this okra looks good.  How are you going to cook it?
I actually don't have any idea how to cook it but I was hoping to learn.
Giiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrllllllllllll!  How come you never fixed okra before?
It's just not something that I have ever tried.
You've been missing out!
You could boil it, pickle it, bread it, fry it, spice it up, or put it in soup.
There are SO many ways to fix it.
You gotta learn how to fix it for her (pointing to a smiling Olive).
  It'll be a good project for me this week.

So I need your HELP!!
How do you fix okra?
I've pinned a few recipes but I'd love to hear your tips.

5 comments:

  1. I'm no help here - I don't think I've ever had okra! I don't even know if they sell it here in Chicago?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha! i've had some similar conversations! ;) i'm gonna learn from you, but off the top of my head i'd say fry it! not deep fry, but in olive oil, maybe? let us know! i don't even know what it tastes like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deep fry it then thank the good Lord above He gave you taste buds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We eat okra usually fried. We also love it in soup. Use cornmeal and flour, salt and pepper to bread the sliced okra and fry with oil in a skillet or deep fry it as suggested above. Not everyone will like the texture of boiled okra.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mother liked boiled okra, but not for me thank you. Cut it up cross ways into small sections, bread it and fry or deep fry it. Very simple but not everyones dish. I like it but seldom ever fix it ad it is not one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.