Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Mr. Polka-Dotty Place

I've seen several of my favorite bloggers interview their misters lately and I knew I had to interview mine.  He's so supportive of my blog and I thought it would be interesting to find out his answers.  We sat down and I did a fun Q&A session with him.  We had a good time and he definitely had me laughing.  Warning: Not every answer below is accurate BUT it will be an entertaining read :)

What's the name of my blog & why do I blog?  What kinds of things do I blog about?
 Polka-Dotty Place - You blog because you like to connect to others.
 Family, recipes, clothes, fashion, sports, food, decorations and travel.

What does DIY mean?
Do it Yourself

What is Pinterest for?
You get to notify others of things you like and remind yourself of things you like.  It has a million different things that you can pin. 

How many hours a week do I spend on my blog?
 20 hours (and that might be an underestimate).  It's always up on the computer.

What do people do at blog conferences?
 Learn how to design blog features, meet people that follow their blogs, sell things and have an excuse to travel.

What's Pantone's color of the year for 2014?
Yellow.  
It's actually Radiant Orchid - how would you describe that color?
Redish purple... or maybe red... maybe just purple... I'll go with bright red. 


If you could change my hairstyle, what would you do to it?
A shorter bob.

Where do I love to shop?
On-line or in person??  GAP, The Limited, TJ Maxx, Marshalls & Amazon.

How would you describe the Kate Spade brand?
High couture purses and other sort of carrying things.

What things are important when buying a new bag?
Definitely the size, shoulder strap, the color, material and inside pockets.

What does a pop of color mean for an outfit?
 An accessory

What are hot fashion trends for women right now?
Long skirts, the color yellow, wavy sweaters (the ones that hang open, have a pattern and look like you're wearing a rug), mixed patterns and flats.

If money was no object, what item of jewelry would you buy me?
I'd buy you a pearl necklace.  It would look pretty with your skin tone.

What kinds of things do I do at home while you're at work?
Blog, clean, organize, plan, make lists, take care of Olive, talk on the phone, cook and watch TV.

What's my favorite TV show?
Grey's Anatomy, Prison Break, Reality TV & Ellen.

What are some things that annoy me?
 Where do I start... clutter, not cleaning, not putting dishes up, disorganization, unshaven necks, complaining about food or how something is cooked, not helping with chores, people who are arrogant, mismatched clothes, when things don't go as planned...

What things have changed since Olive joined our family?
We go on fewer dates, don't watch as many movies especially ones in the theater, go out to eat less, less spontaneity, and I have to share you.  Oh and we definitely don't get to sleep in like we used to.

What are the best things about being a parent?
My favorite things are seeing Livy reach baby milestones, playing with her, getting to see her every day, making her smile, getting to dress her in cute things, being proud of her, hearing other people say nice things about her, debating who she looks like and making her laugh.

What do I miss about teaching?
Your teacher friends, your students, having a schedule, presents from students, planning fun lessons, reading to the kids, and getting compliments from parents.

What are your favorite things that I cook for you?
Pepperoni Pinwheels, Italian Nachos, Chicken Stir Fry and Chicken Summer Salad.


If you won the lottery, how would you spend the money?
I'd buy a new house, buy an RV, give some to Notre Dame, buy a Maserati, take my family on a vacation.

Where would you like to take your girls on vacation in the next 20 years?
I would love to go to Ireland, Cozumel, Hawaii, continue our National Park tour and Key West.

Where do you see yourself working long-term?
A university or a medical center.  I really enjoy teaching and researching.

What's something you've done to embarrass me?
At our most recent family pictures, I loudly asked if you were wearing a thong in front of everyone.  It was hilarious.  Your whole family died laughing.  Oh I also tell people you fart in bed.  That's actually how I introduced you to our very first Bible study group - remember that?

If you were a blogger, what would your blog be called and what would you blog about?
Irish Eyes Are Smiling Tonight - it would be all about sports, wrestling, books and my family.
 Hope you enjoyed getting to know Mr. Polka-Dotty Place today :)

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Mr. Polka Dotty Place had me laughing! :D He's witty!! Also, loved how he called Olive "Livy" - so sweet!! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I'm not even sure if my boyfriends knows I blog..haha! oh well. I love his blog name idea! I'd definitely read....ps love the Notre Dame attire! :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.