Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Family Pictures

I had the idea to get my mom a gift certificate for a new family pictures this year for Mother's Day.  She was thrilled and we planned to do it in August when we were in town.  We had tried to update our family photo a few times before but it never worked out.  I booked my cousin, Lacey, and we prayed the weather would be good.
I did some things in advance to help the process go smoothly.  I took advice from Tiny Twig Family Portraits and got to planning.
1. We painfully picked a color scheme 
for everyone to match.
2. We chose a location.
3. We shopped for outfits to go with the scheme 
and decided what the adults and kids would wear.
4. Talked on the phone and e-mailed to get things planned out.  
Many hours were invested in this process.
5. I searched Google images for posing options 
for our family and e-mailed them out.
6. We scoped out locations 
around my parent's house to take pictures.
7. We selected a variety of chairs to bring outdoors 
to incorporate into our shots.
8. We coordinated 12 people's schedules 
to make it happen.
9. We sweat our brains out 
while smiling sweetly for pics.
10. We all went to Hacienda 
for dinner afterwards to celebrate.
Finished Product:
My mom ended up with a picture for her Christmas card of the entire family... job well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.