Monday, September 30, 2024

Easy Roasted Veggies

Hey friends!  I hope you had a great weekend.  Our teams won and we enjoyed a quiet weekend at home.  I'm going to try out a new schedule for Fall.  I will be blogging Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays.  I hope that this will give me more time to reply to your comments and get into a good blog routine.  Thanks for being here and reading my blog every week.

My very favorite side dish to make is roasted veggies.

They are so easy, healthy and simple.

You just need 3 ingredients - veggies, olive oil and your favorite seasoning.


I roast everything at 400 for about 30 minutes.  

It requires no prep time.  Just grocery shopping to buy veggies and then they roast while I pull the rest of the meal together.  

I have yet to try a vegetable that doesn't taste good roasted.

We love these little potatoes!  They are called Little Duos and they come in a bag from Sams.  They are so yummy.  I make these and call them potato fries.  My kids dip them in ketchup and they are so much better for you than a bag of french fries.


Roasted to perfection.  I don't usually turn the veggies when they roast.  Just pop them in the oven and check on them 30 minutes later.  I serve these with burgers and pulled pork.  They are great with toppings like cheese, sour cream and green onions or delicious dipped in ketchup.

Roasted sweet potatoes are a family favorite.  They are more labor intensive to peel and chop, but the effort is woth it.  They are the yummiest side.  I peel the potatoes, slice them into circles and dice.

Roasted fresh asapargus.  Our house is a little divided about this veggie, but 3/5 of us love it.

This is the bag of The Little Potato Co Little Duos.  They are so good!

We grab this package of asparagus at Sams most weeks.  It's in the cold section with the berries and lettuce.  I trim off the bottom 2 inches and roast.

These are my favorite two seasonings.  They are both delicious.  I've been on a Kinder kick lately so I put that on everything I cook.

Bonus:
Roasted veggies reheat so well for really yummy lunches!


We love roasted broccoli and cauliflower (tastes better if you roast from frozen), roasted onions, roasted peppers, carrots, any kind of potato and more.

Let me know if you have any roasted vegetable questions.

1 comment:

  1. These all look so good. We make a big tray of mixed roasted veggies, add all the dried herbs and spices and into the oven, delicious. And as you said, great re heated for lunch.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.